Pages

May 7, 2016

That Time Larry Graduated

That's right, Larry officially has his Bachelor's degree! He finished his classes back at the end of February, but they only have one month for graduations so we had to wait until now to actually celebrate.

In the car about to go graduate!

Larry's name in the program!!
I'm so beyond proud of him, I definitely teared up a bit when he went up to get his diploma. Especially having my brother, my grandma, his mom, Jim, and his grandma there I just felt great knowing he had this support system. In fact when we finally met back up with him he had put one of his sash things on me and I kind of laughed thinking he just wanted to take everything off and be in his normal clothes, but then he told everyone that they have a tradition at the University of Phoenix that the graduate should give his sash to the person who helped him the most through his schooling and so he gave it to me. I swear I didn't cry...on the outside :)




 
 


After the ceremony we went over to The Cracker Barrel for lunch, his choice since it was his day. I had never been there before; It was really yummy and we all had a good time visiting while we were there.



We also ran into Becky and part of her family while we were there. She had a good friend who was graduating so we had to get our picture together (because what?!).



It's funny because if you asked him a few months before he finished if he'd go back to get his Masters his reaction was a big nope. But now that he's been out for a bit and he's done he talks about wanting to...maybe. Right now he plans on working towards some certifications he's been wanting to help his career, so that's the end of schooling in this house while he works towards those.




Happy Graduation Day babe! I'm so proud of you, you worked your tail off to get where you're at and I couldn't be happier to have been by your side.

No comments: