Pages

Dec 1, 2022

Pierce is EIGHT Months

  I am EIGHT months old!



I like: real food (not so much baby food), feeding himself food/snacks, trying to bite things now that I'm getting teeth, standing up (with help from our hands or a tote or something), moving and shaking, and Gwen (he smiles at all his sisters, but I'm pretty sure Gwen is his favorite, she'll get insta smiles from him every single time), and playing with noisy toys

I dislike: being hungry, tired, or left alone when I want to be in the middle of all the action. Oh and sometimes when I get put down for naps and just don't want to nap haha.

Getting wiped out at Gwen's party

I am now: No checkup, but he's in 12 month clothes (barely), size 3 diapers (wondering if we should move him up soon or not?), and the chunkiest ball of love you could get!

When you get so big so quickly you have to wear
Your sisters hand me downs



A Typical Day looks like: 
 
Wake up around 7:30. Whether he's already awake and chatting or trying to sleep, we get him up at this time.
7:40: Half a container of baby food (usually fruits)
8 get a 7 oz bottle
8:30-9:30 wiggle & giggle time. He likes to scoot/crawl around the house while the girls play in the front rooms.
9:30-11 nap time. Usually he does good with this, sometimes he cries a bit before falling asleep 
11 next 7 oz bottle
11:30-12:30 He gets 1/2 a container of a veggie based baby food for lunch. Then it's wiggle & giggle / hang out while we clean up time. I might give him a spoon of peanut butter or some veggie straws to keep him content...he seems to like feeding himself.
1-2:30: nap time.
2:30 next 7.5 oz bottle
3-3:30 play/hang out time
3:30-5 hang out with dad while he works out. Most of the time he likes it, but every once in a while he cries down there.
5 he gets a 4-5 oz breast milk bottle. Most days he'll chug this, but once in a while he takes a LOOONG time to drink it.
5:30 dinner time. He'll eat almost a whole small container at this point (I try and make this a more meat based food)
6-7:15 play time
7:15 7 oz formula bottle
7:40 start bedtime. Sundays and Thursdays start with a bath (around 7:30), then it's diaper change, pajamas, a little cuddle/rock while we read to him, and sleep by 8.

This Month: Pierce man really learned to move around this month. He figured out sitting up, the start of crawling. His first tooth turned into teeth and he has his two bottom teeth, they seemed to come in at once. It's funny because those are the teeth that Larry still has as baby teeth so I thought it would be funny if those end up staying baby teeth for Pierce too and that's why they came in together. I'm just glad they came in the weekend of the time change so we could just knock both out at the same time!

Getting ready for Christmas time!

This boy sure loves to smile and make us laugh. He loves being in on all the action and is the biggest wiggle worm if he sees everyone moving around him. He also seems to love laughing and being dropped (like a roller coaster). He loves when we pretend to eat his hand or mini scare him. 



He might fight his naps a bit, but he sleeps so well at night these days so I'm pretty happy. His smile melts me SO much and I swear I'd do anything to get that smile. I'm also convinced it's good we only had one boy. With our girls I felt like "the more the merrier", but with him I'm just not sure I could love another son like I do with him. He's my special bubs!

Crawling all over anyone in the way

With crawling/scooting everywhere he's found our springy door stops and he LOVES to make those go off haha. It's noisy, but he loves it and it's kind of cute to watch him get all curious about them. 

We also celebrated his first Thanksgiving. I thought he'd be all for the food, but he mostly just tolerated it. Other than deviled egg filling, that one he was gaga over eating more and more haha. We put some in a little container for him to have at meal time. We did have Gwen's birthday party during this last month and apparently he doesn't love strangers if  he can see us nearby. If he doesn't see us it's like he doesn't even realize someone else is holding him and he does better. He didn't have the same kind of stranger danger the girls had (once they had it it stayed for a while, with him he goes back and forth on if he likes other people and for how long) so this has surprised me.

He is also learning about how much mommy loves Football. At first my cheers would scare him, but now he knows I'm not screaming at anyone, I'm just happy haha.


Update on last month's goals:
  • Introduce to Thanksgiving: Pierce did okay with Thanksgiving. We gave him bites, which he handled okay. He seems to prefer feeding himself so we'd have to switch to veggie straws or something he could feed himself.

  • Work on sitting up and crawling: He can sit up SO well and he's still in the early stages of crawling where scooting is faster so he'll go back to that to get somewhere quicker.

  • Adjust to the time change: Luckily we just happened to take that week off so we didn't stress about it and he actually adjusted pretty well. 

  • Introduce baby food for breakfast with a bottle afterwards: Started this and it's going SO well. It does mean that right at 7:30 I'm like "okay get up now so we have time to feed him AND give him a bottle" so we don't get to relax as much in the morning, but I know this is just a temporary time and we'll be back to relaxing in no time.

  • Enjoy a staycation with him: Check! We had a very nice week off. Granted, I did a lot of Christmas shopping and went up to Idaho to visit Stace and Pierce stayed behind with dad and Lucy, but other than that we had fun together haha.

Goals for next month:
  • Start brushing those teeth he's getting!

  • Get him in for his 9 month appointment

  • Work more on pulling up and walking with our hands

  • Enjoy his first Christmas and New Years Eve!

No comments: