May 22, 2026

End of the School Year

Wow, the whole month of May gets so crazy, but especially when you add that it's the end of the school year. This year, Lucy had a Kindergarten Graduation on the 11th. It was so sweet! They did a few songs and then as they went back to class, we stayed back to watch a cute slideshow of random pictures throughout the year. It's fun to find your kid in the pictures. After that was done, we met up with them in class to take pictures with the teacher or by themselves. It also meant they technically got to get checked out early, so I let her stay and play for a bit. Unfortunately, it was a really hot day, so we ended up heading home to drop her stuff back and then headed back to the school to get Gwen. I do love that they do these ceremonies, they aren't a big thing in the grand scheme, but it's so fun to have a reason to celebrate them.


On the 19th Pierce's teacher had a little end of school year celebration (well she put 19th on the calendar, but when me and a few other parents showed up, she was very confused why we were there so "early." I guess she didn't realize what day she put on the calendar). Pierce wasn't happy I came to get him though, I think they were watching a show he wanted to watch rather than take pictures with me. She still tried to make it fun, but, well...

He wanted NOTHING to do with pictures

On the 20th, Gwen and Lucy had their Badger Boogie. Let me say, this seems extra crazy for Lucy because she had Kindergarten graduation songs to remember, a Boogie dance to remember, a dance recital dance to remember, AND a Daddy and Me dance to learn all within this last month (to be fair, her recital dance she'd been learning since September, but the rest was all this month...her brain must have been dead!) The Badger Boogie, though, was really cute. They have two times they perform on the day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and I ended up going to both because the area I sat in at the first time was horrible and I couldn't get any good videos. The front area was already filled both times I went, but I did end up with a much better spot the 2nd time (though I did get burnt because I got there an hour early and was sitting in the sun, totally forgot I'd need sunscreen). 

Lucy danced to the Rub a Dub Dub song, she got to wear a cute pink shower cap, and they had bubbles going throughout the dancers. Gwen had to dress in 80s attire (she danced to a few songs from that decade) so we put her in bright clothes, a last minute side pony tail and then I forgot she needed sunglasses so I gave her mine. It ended up looking pretty cute.


On top of all that, Cara had a potanimals exhibit project to get done by the last week (who assigns a project for the last week of school??). She had a snow fox and did the whole thing by herself. It was pretty cute, but you could totally tell who had help from their parents with theirs in the class.

Lucy also had to make a big car for her movie day at school, the girls each had a themed day that we had to make sure we had things for and it was just always something. I've never been so happy to not be working and have more time to make it easier to make it to all the things AND run all the errands and go to all the school functions. Phew! Glad we're done with that and can enjoy our Summer Break now!

No comments: