So this month, Gwen chose the Family Date coupon. Originally, she wanted to go see a movie in the theaters, but after looking at options we noticed there really wasn't anything that we hadn't already seen that was worth paying ALL that money to see (it's not cheap to take a family of 6 to the theaters, even without the candy/snacks). We had their last soccer game so we had extra reasons to celebrate and so she decided she wanted to go to a Nickel Arcade (these are very popular in our family haha)
This time we had it so I had a card that Pierce and Lucy shared and then Larry had Gwen and Cara with him and his card. Mostly, though, we'd take the kids to "play" the candy game (where they'd load up on frooties) and then we'd play games until they ran out and go back to get more candy, haha.
I made sure, with Lucy and Pierce, I'd have them take turns to pick what we'd play and they did really well with that. They mostly just wanted to do the roller coaster ride. From what I hear, Cara and Gwen really liked the air hockey table, the Minecraft game, and massage chairs (that I didn't notice at all).
![]() |
| Pierce looks sad, but he really loved this Ride "game" |
I used to dread going to the arcades when the kids were smaller. Keeping track of them while Larry played was stressful. I do look forward to when Lucy and Pierce are older/bigger/wiser and we can send everyone off with their own card and then I can really play some games! Overall, Gwen was happy with her choice and we all had a really great time! And yay for the end of Soccer season for us!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment