May 17, 2026

Lagoon Day

Man did we get SO lucky today. We had picked today as our Lagoon day and I was a little nervous because the weather app said it was supposed to rain ALL day long. However, next weekend it said it was going to be VERY hot, and I knew that would be miserable for Larry. We decided to keep an eye on the weather and if it looked to be too bad, we'd just go next weekend. As Sunday got closer, the rain kept getting pushed back more and more (what was supposed to start in the morning, showed it would actually be in early afternoon) and so we decided to chance it (plus, on the Lagoon Facebook page they say that rainy days have such little lines it makes it worth it to go, so I really had higher hopes it would be okay). We did our grocery shopping and then headed over (kind of the nice part of them opening up later) so we got there around 10:30. We started with Spider and Wild Mouse (one of us rode with the bigger girls while the other took the smaller ones on Musik Express). I needed to see if putting the safety bar on the girls myself helped with my anxiety and it seemed to help A LOT!

We then rode the Sky Ride across to the other side and did Screamer, Paratroopers, the Ferris Wheel, Primordial, the two airplane rides, and the Tilt-A-Whirl. I also rode Samurai solo while they ate snacks/lunch. We then were able to go to the other side of the park and I decided I wanted to try out The Nutcracker with Cara and Gwen while Larry did the kiddie land/area with the two smaller ones. 


Standing in line for The Nutcracker I started to get really nervous. Seeing other riders and how high they got up really made me want to back out and realize how big this ride really is (not to mention the seat they have to see if you fit in it didn't seem secure AT ALL and I was so confused how the restraints worked). However, I didn't want to make the girls think I was too scared, so I pushed through. Initially when we sat in our seats, I noticed the safety bar really didn't keep the girls in well AT ALL and I was about to back out and say absolutely no way, but then the workers came by to push them down farther and I had the girls try and stand up and it worked out. The ride ended up being SUPER fun, like one of my new favorites (especially since the line actually goes pretty quickly)! I also had no big anxiety attack, which was nice for a ride you kind of go upside down (or at least slide out of your seat a bit).



After that we knew the rain would be starting soon so we decided to go get our ice cream and everyone mentioned they were ready to call it a day. It was THEN that the rain hit and it hit hard and SUPER cold! The timing was perfect, since we felt done, so that was nice.

Overall, this trip was much better for me, no big anxiety and I could actually have fun. I'm not sure how I'll do on the bigger rides (Wicked, Colossus, Cannibal, Samurai, Rocket, etc.). I know Cara is itchy to be tall enough for them and to try them, but I just don't know when I'll be able to do it without completely freaking out. Luckily, Larry isn't as nervous and he'll take them (but I've noticed he is getting dizzier easier and gets worn out from rides quicker so I'm not sure how many he can actually do...me, though, I could go all day and be okay!).

So happy we have these passes!

No comments: