Mother's Day Weekend was a big one, for one, my last day working was just Friday so we went out to celebrate that. I had been wanting to go to Sonic because we were talking about how fun it is since they come out on skates and I remember liking their fun drinks. Unfortunately, they don't seem to do that anymore. We went and found a table to sit at (Larry really didn't want the kids eating in the car) and somehow the workers had a hard time finding us (even though we were right outside the door they came out and there were three of them and we were the only ones out there, but still they missed us). We also had to hit up the bathrooms and those were really gross and had no toilet paper, so that whole trip was a dud and I don't see going back (I'm honestly surprised that place is still open!). Luckily the food wasn't awful, but not worth it.
On actual Mother's day, I got to sleep in, but I did end up waking up early so I decided to stay in bed and just keep cuddling with Minnie. I also sent Larry off with the kids to do the grocery shopping while I stayed home to read (one of my favorite things to do and has become a bit of a tradition for Mother's Day, haha), I took a bath in the afternoon and got more Minnie cuddles (I still feel bad every once in a while knowing she's just stuck in a room, even though I know she likes it and has a really good set up, I mostly hate how little we get to see her and I take any opportunity to sit with her).
After all that, we headed over to Mom and Will's to celebrate with her. Of course, they did end up feeding us, which is always yummy!
So overall, it was a really good day, I got my yearly question sheets, some reading time, a relaxing bath, and was free to choose what I wanted to do when. I can't ask for more!




No comments:
Post a Comment