Pages

Jun 3, 2017

Our First Road Trip With a Baby

So being home a lot Larry and I joke about how nice it would be if we could win the lottery and so we could both just stay home and play with Cara. Well that got the wheels spinning in the head and we decided it would be fun to drive up to Idaho and get some tickets and see how Cara does on a road trip.

Hoping we're lucky :)
I was determined to keep with my pumping so we loaded my pump up with batteries and some storage bottles with an ice pack, got the diaper bag packed and hit the road. Unfortunately, around Ogden I realized I left an empty bottle at home so we had no way to feed her and had to stop at Wal Mart to get one (such a rookie mistake!)

Pumping on the road
I guess I should consider ourselves lucky that she LOVES car rides and will fall asleep on them every time. However, I'm not sure if I should consider it a good thing that she slept 7 hours in the middle of the day when she'd normally be awake to wiggle and play. She also didn't eat a ton on the road since she wanted to sleep the whole time. We stopped for lunch while we were up there at a little restaurant so we could try and feed her more, but at least get her out of the car seat to stretch a little bit...she just slept through it. But the waitress and cook were obsessed with her (hard not to be though, right? Haha)

Roadie diaper change, feeding, and burping
I do still worry about how warm she gets in the car seat, I may need to look into some sort of fan for her so I feel better about these trips. Do other mom's worry about these same things? Haha. I feel like I finally get the saying that babies don't come with manuals, I so wish I had a cheat sheet some days though!

So fingers crossed we win and we can have adventures everyday together haha. Oh and also that she'll still sleep tonight :)

No comments: