Pages

Jan 20, 2018

Cara's First Snow Day

So we haven't gotten much of a winter this year (and by this year I mean since November). We got snow Christmas morning and by dinner time it had all melted away. It's been pretty pathetic and normally I'd be excited about the lack of snow, but I've been dying to take Cara out in a snow suit to see how she reacts to snow.

Well we finally got our chance today. I happened to look outside and saw there was so much snow and it was the perfect amount to take Cara out....only problem is the only snow suit we have (even though we've looked EVERYWHERE for some) was size 6 month. Luckily we were able to squeeze her in, despite her protests of not being able to move in it (she HATES when she can't roll over to crawl around, it's got a total Randy "I Can't Put My Arms Down" vibe).




Taking her out was so much fun, but since she couldn't move in the snowsuit (as I mentioned) she was just kind of stuck, on the ground, in the snow. I forgot to put the glove part of her sleeve on so she ended up with a handful of snow really quickly and...she hated it! She cried a little bit and when I tried to warm her hand up and put it back in the glove part she wanted nothing to do with it. So she lasted a whole 5 minutes before we went back inside and took her out of the suit. She was so much happier being out of it so I guess we might have to work on her moving in bulky clothes...just in case.


So while it wasn't the experience I was expecting, it was still fun to take her out and show her snow. Bonus is the snow is pretty much melted again so I don't have to worry about driving in it. Maybe next year when she can walk this will be more fun. Plus she can build a snow man at that point! So happy winter here in Utah...where we aren't actually having a winter, but oh well. There's always next season.

No comments: