Pages

Mar 10, 2019

What's Your Decade

Confession: Lately I have been missing the 90s hard core! I grew up in the 90s (born at the end of the 80s so I don't really remember those years) and that was where it was at! Isn't there a time in your life that was just the greatest and you associate all the things from that decade to the great time you had?

I strongly believe that the biggest reason I love that decade so much is because I had very little real responsibility (except to go to school and it was elementary so that was a lot of recess, a lot of days off, and a lot of fun summer vacations!) and just got to enjoy being a kid.

So in light of that, I'm going to do a post on everything I miss from the 90s!

  • The Music: oh man did anyone else obsess over this channel? I watched it all the time. I can't think of too many more depressing days than when it went off the air. But the main point of this is how much I miss almost all 90s music. I have very vivid memories of some of the videos (chumbawumba anyone? Spice Girls? Or how about the start of the NSYNC VS BSB days?) I would obsess over catching or I watched them be made on MTV. Sometimes I wish I had my old CDs still (btw I totally put on a Spice Girls "concert" with some of my friends for our parents back in our old daycare days. I was Baby Spice and we were basically the cutest ever!)

  • Fashion: I miss overalls! I was so happy when my mom and aunt told me about a sale going on at The Gap Factory on them and I immediately bought myself a pair. I made sure to get short ones so I can wear them during this summer! I also partially miss platform shoes, colored mascara, and bright sunglasses. Or pretty much any outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt wears in "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer". I can't watch that movie without wanting to buy her whole wardrobe from it (tailored to fit me of course!).

  • Movies: Can you think of a better time for movies? Don't get me wrong, movies have gotten a bit better over time, but they were really awesome back in the 90s. In addition to the amazing Jurassic Park there was also Lion King, Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You, Scream (my favorite "horror" series!), Mrs. Doubtfire, Dumb and Dumber, Big Daddy....the list could go on and on! I miss the original ideas for movies from back then.

  • Toys: Okay, basically anything from this list was a great toy, am I right? If you're scared to click the link then some of the best ones are: pogs, polly pocket, Tamagotchi, game boys, skip-its, koosh balls, and hippity hops. I dare you to find better toys!

  • Shows: I miss Pepper Ann and REALLY wish you could find all the episodes online. I know YouTube has some, but I miss the whole series. Other great ones include Friends, Boy Meets World, Hey Arnold, Aaahh! Real Monsters, or anything from One Saturday Morning (Saturday morning cartoons were the absolute best! I even try and re-create those great mornings with my girls right now).

I mean...you can't really argue that these weren't some of the greatest things. I made a 90s playlist on YouTube just to help me cope with the fact that the 90s are over and done with. Hopefully we can still find a way to bring the best parts back :) Let me know if I missed any other big categories.

No comments: