Pages

Jul 20, 2019

Cara's First Roller Coasters

So three things my girls kids NEED to be into
  1. Roller Coasters
  2. Vacations/Traveling
  3. Animals
Not necessarily in that order, but I will do everything in my power to make it happen for them (unless they develop allergies to animals - then I can't do anything about that). 

So let me preface this by saying I do not usually support Lagoon (in Utah). I just can't give my money to an organization that treats animals the way they do and won't do anything else to help them. That being said, when my work set up our summer party there and were planning on covering parking and entrance costs for us and that meant I could take Cara on her first roller coaster ever - I mean how could I pass that up?? (Technically it's not my money)

I was SO looking forward to going and even thought with two of us we could switch off so we could even ride some big rides (although it would be as a single rider rather than together, but that didn't bother me). Even though this happened to be the weekend right after we got back from our trip, so it meant we'd have a pretty busy/jam packed couple of weeks, it was completely worth it!

We got to Lagoon and I asked Larry if he would mind if I took Cara on her first ride (with Gwen one of us would have to stay off the ride with her) and he said that was fine (I sure got lucky with him!) so we rushed to kiddie land and I took her on the Jumping Dragon ride (I thought it was the Puff Dragon ride - I  just knew there was a circular dragon ride that was technically the first kid roller coaster). Even with sunscreen running into her eyes, she still yahoo'd the entire time and seemed to really like when it went backwards. It was a literal dream come true (you better believe I got all the pictures and videos I could)!




After we got off, Larry took her on the "Odysea" ride, that rises you up and down and even sprays you with water. I couldn't fully see them since they stayed up pretty much the entire ride, but when they got off she was crying a little and I was worried she didn't like the water, but Larry said it was just the sunscreen issue so I had to take her to the bathroom to really rinse her eyes out (she looked like a poor drug addict with red eyes she couldn't open fully).



We rode MANY more rides with her, I rode a couple big ones (I only cared to do at least 2 to make sure I could still ride them without getting sick) - Larry said he was just there for Cara to ride rides and didn't care to ride any. We ate a yummy lunch (didn't realize amusement park nachos could be so yummy!). Unfortunately, the adrenaline rush crashes hard with littles and after riding so many rides Cara was down for the count. I was hoping to go ride the Carousel with all of us, but on the way to that ride she fell asleep and was so tired she wouldn't wake up for anything! It was earlier than I had hoped, but Larry was hot and I think he was ready to head home so I told him we just had to go get some ice cream from Pioneer Village (a Lagoon tradition) and then we could leave. She slept through that, through being put in the car (though she did whine a little there, probably because she thought we were trying to wake her up), and slept all the way home. Gwen also slept on the drive home and I sure had hoped I could've (apparently I had an adrenaline crash once we could finally relax in the car).


At the end of the day I'm so glad we could take Cara on her first rides and she loved them. I'm glad we had so much fun and no one had any big melt down from being in the sun/missing a nap. It was a great day I'll forever cherish!

No comments: