Pages

Nov 25, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

Happy Thanksgiving! I really am beginning to love this holiday, I love the food, the family, the parade, all of it! 

I decided I wanted to make a big breakfast for the day since that would give us a good start to the day, make it so we ate a light lunch, and then we'd be ready for a big dinner. We made pancakes, yum!

This year we got a little extra bit of parade because I found it starting at 7 on one channel, and then realized the one I was looking for was the one that started later on another channel, so we got an extra hour of parade...and I didn't hate it. The girls really loved seeing the different balloons, especially Lucy (everytime a balloon came on she'd point and yell out like she was trying to tell us "Hey! There's a big colorful thing on the TV!! Look! You're going to miss it!" haha). It was such a great start to the day.



After the parade we let the girls play and draw and color until lunch time. We ate a light lunch and then put the girls down. I made our cobbler to take to dinner and then took a shower and did my hair and got ready for dinner.




We got the girls up and dressed and brushed so we could head to dinner at Grandma Cameron's. We got there a little before dinner so we could visit for a minute. We had a big dinner that the girls actually ate most of, which was good for us (they are all in a phase where they fight dinner right now). We had dessert and then the girls got to play with toys and run around while we sat and chatted. The girls were so silly running around and laughing, Lucy really started to come out of her shell at this point and was giggling so much.

After visiting we decided to head home. We have half our cobbler left over so that's nice, but no food leftover (obviously that was left there). So since I love having leftovers we're going to have another dinner on Sunday night so we can have the leftovers I love, I'm very excited about that. 

So another great Thanksgiving in the books and it was pretty low stress and lots of fun, family time. Now to move on to Christmas!

No comments: