Pages

Nov 1, 2022

Pierce is SEVEN Months

 I am SEVEN months old!



I like: watching my sisters run around, playing with toes, sitting up and playing with toys, wiggling and wiggling (this boy was born with ants in his pants haha), eating food, and bath time





I dislike: being put down when he wants a bottle, being put down for a nap when he's not fully tired, when his sister's scream too loud and for too long, being left alone.




I am now: this boy is in 12 month clothes already! Not sure how much he weighs, but a lot (haha)! He's still in size 3 diapers though. He's such a bit boy, so chunky and full of love!




A Typical Day looks like: 
 
Wake up around 7:30. He'll sometimes sleep in a little, and sometimes he wakes up early and we just leave him be (he seems to be more used to that now, every once in a while he'll wake up crying).
8 get a 7.5 oz bottle (4 oz breast milk, 3.5 is formula)
8:30-9:30 wiggle & giggle time. I'll put a show on for the girls at 8:30 and put him in his activity table to walk around in, but I do have to give him puffs or a teether crisp to help him stay content
9:30-11 nap time
11 next 7 oz bottle(4 oz breast milk, 3 formula)
11:30-12:30 Lunch and wiggle & giggle / hang out time. We feed him about 1/2 to 1 whole container of food while we eat lunch. Then he hangs out while we clean up. I might give him a spoon of peanut butter or some veggie straws to keep him content...he seems to like feeding himself.
1-2:30: nap time.
2:30 next 7.5 oz bottle (4 oz breast milk, 3.5 formula)
3-3:30 play/hang out time
3:30-5 hang out with dad while he works out. Most of the time he likes it, but every once in a while he cries down there.
5 he gets a 4-5 oz breast milk bottle. Most days he'll chug this, but once in a while he takes a LOOONG time to drink it.
5:30 dinner time. He'll eat almost a whole small container at this point. 
6-7:15 play time
7:15 7 oz formula bottle
7:40 start bedtime. Sundays and Thursdays start with a bath (around 7:30), then it's diaper change, pajamas, a little cuddle/rock while we read to him, and sleep by 8.




This Month: This boy got to be so silly this month. He loves to smile and wag his arms around, he loves to feed himself, he loves to try real food over baby food or bottles. He got his first tooth about a week before Halloween, but hasn't been too crabby. He did get hand, foot, and mouth around the same time and luckily never got too whiney or had any fevers. We gave him Tylenol every once in a while to hold him over, but he has been handling it pretty good.




We started giving him suckers for our Friday Family Movie night and he seems to LOVE that. Larry gives him tastes of everything he can and so far he seems to be a fan of everything. I hope that means he won't be a picky eater as he gets older, but I know the girls were this same way so we'll have to wait and see haha. 




Pierce rolls and scoots all around the house, he gets up on all fours, but then just wags back and forth, doesn't really go anywhere, but I know he's SO close to figuring it out. He also loves to grab hands and pull himself up and sometimes he's the happiest when he can just walk around holding onto our hands haha. He also loves when we pretend to eat his ticklish spots by his ribs and is still ticklish behind his ears (and now even on his thighs). His giggle lights up my day and his smile melts me. I joke I'm going to have a hard time punishing him when he's older because he'll just smile at me and I'll fold haha.


Unfortunately, we did get our first case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth this month. Lucy got the worst of it, but Pierce got a little bit of it. Luckily, he never got too fussy or had a fever, just mostly tired and had sad sores on his face. He handled it so very well! I'm proud of our big boy.



I'm so surprised that I have no more anxiety and life is just great with our 4 kids. I can't tell if I am more of a softie with Pierce because he's a boy or because he's our last, probably a bit of both, but I can't help but feel like life is just happier these days and I just look forward to all the days I get with my family!

Dad at 1 year on the left, Pierce at 7.5 months on the right
TWINSIES!

Update on last month's goals:
  • Work on scooting and crawling more: this boy can scoot almost anywhere in the house, but crawling he's still working on. I think it'll definitely be within this next month.

  • Prepare for teething: it really hasn't been too bad, so far, so I hope it stays that way. I think he'll be excited to eat more food with these chompers haha.

  • Prepare for Daylight Savings Time to end: still waiting on this one. I do think it'll help we've taken that whole week off to help us all adjust.

  • Introduce him to Halloween and take out Trick or Treating: We had a lot of Halloween fun (see that post for those details), but because of the sickness around the house we decided against taking out for Trick-or-Treating. He still enjoyed it.

Goals for next month:
  • Introduce to Thanksgiving and have him try all the new foods with his new teeth.

  • Work on sitting up and crawling

  • Adjust to the time change

  • Introduce baby food for breakfast with a bottle afterwards (he is crabby and ready for his bottle every morning, I'm hoping if we bring in some food he'll like that).

  • Enjoy a staycation with him

No comments: