Pages

Feb 11, 2024

Super Bowl 2024 - My Favorite Time of the Year

Well it's the end of the Football season and my seasonal depression will probably kick in now haha. I absolutely LOVE Football season and the Superbowl is so bittersweet for me (fun to watch, love the food, but hate that when it's over I have to wait 5-6 months until the next season starts up). This year was sad since I went into thinking The Packers would do awful (so many new players and I figured we'd chalk it up to a learning year), but then they did awesome and got SO close (almost winning the Divisional Playoff round was SO amazing to watch), maybe next year.


For the past few years we've done big buffets for the day of and while those were so fun, it was also a TON of work! So this year we decided we're doing a big pizza feast. As in, anything I've ever wanted on the pizza place menus, I'm ordering. We got pizzas, breads, desserts, pastas, and salad. We got sodas and some chips with dip at the store so we didn't need to worry about adding that to it (which is good because everything I ordered was pretty pricey). We were set and excited to have food, football, and the fact that we don't have to cook or plan anything (just leave the food out and eat when you feel like it)

I decided to invite Mom, Will, Andy, and Rachel and though maybe this will be MY thing. Everyone has a favorite holiday that they'll go all out for and I think the Superbowl will be mine. 

I wasn't sure which team I was rooting for this year (I really didn't want the Chiefs to win because it would be ALL about Taylor Swift and the 49ers beat my Packers so I didn't really want them to win so I was very undecided). I will say not knowing who I was rooting for made for a very boring 1st half for me. The 2nd half got better, and going into OT is always pretty exciting, but I kind of bowed out once we put the kids down and just "watched" the game on my phone while (real) watching a movie and doing laundry. I did love the commercials and the half time show though and we ate SO much but still have quite a bit leftover (no problems with that though). 

Now that it's over, I'm excited to just focus on household things and look forward to the next year (I think Packers might have it...fingers crossed). Onto Valentine's Day now!

No comments: