Pages

Jan 31, 2024

January Activities

This month was a pretty busy one. Here's what we got to do

-We attempted to do the Home Depot Workshop this month. Unfortunately, we got there about 20 minutes after the "start time" and they had already run out of kits. I was bummed because we registered for it and kept talking it up to the kids so they were excited. However, I figured we may just need to go early next time AND I did register for the Lowe's one next month (which I've heard if you register for that on you are guaranteed a kit) so hopefully that works out and we can really try that out.

-We started going to the library again. Our city one isn't big, but they do have a huge selection of kids books and we decided to start Cara on chapter books so I'm pretty excited to do that more regularly. I had originally planned to do it weekly so I only let the kids pick out 2 books. Then I saw that you get to keep them for 3 weeks and so I figured we'll just plan for that.

-Lucy got her 1:1 dates so I took her out to this Yonutz place that recently opened. She picked a unicorn donut. They were only okay. I'm not sure I'd go back, but we still had fun.


-I went crazy and got a winter pedicure haha. I normally don't think they are worth it during the winter, but Rachel (Andy's wife) wanted to do them for her birthday so I decided to join in (we go to my new favorite salon place to do them). I have to say, I might be a convert. While winter ones don't seem necessary, my feet sure appreciated the hell out of it haha. The lady I got did the most incredible foot massage and I love the color I picked so I'm definitely pro winter pedi now. 

- We haven't had much of a winter this year, but Larry's taken the kids out for sledding when the opportunity arose. I'm REALLY hoping we'll get a bit more snow so I can go next time. Fingers crossed!

-One night I decided to bring the snow inside to let the kids play with it after dinner time. This was a HUGE hit and I definitely plan to keep it on the list for future activity ideas to keep the kids easily entertained.


-I've been working on figuring out a new cleaning routine for the home. I used to do one full weekend each month, but hated that. I tried to do a Saturday morning cleaning and then fun stuff the rest of the Saturday. I tried figuring out how often certain cleaning needed to be done to create a realistic schedule. Nothing seemed to work out well. I decided it needed to be done every Sunday. The 1st and 3rd Sundays will be the main level, the 2nd and 4th will be the upper level and then if there's a 5th Sunday I'll do the one-off items. No idea what I'll do when the basement is finished, but I'll worry about that when we get to that point haha.

-I have a new found Lego obsession. I decided to start taking some time to do my Friend's sets I have been holding onto for a while and absolutely loved doing them. I also started this set I got in Boston. This one isn't AS much fun since the pieces aren't the same as regular Legos, they are much smaller, and the directions are complicated, but I still like what it represents and I'm excited to see how it ends up. I decided when I'm done with it I am going to start doing my puzzles again. Larry is back to working from home so I have time after dropping Gwen off at school to do something, so why not something like puzzles and Legos? haha


-The kiddos, as always, are so silly:






No comments: