Pages

Jan 25, 2024

Our First Month of Tumbling

So I wanted to give this a month of experiencing before posting on if we like it or not, but we decided to sign the girls up for tumbling. After doing soccer this past Spring and realizing I love the idea of making sure the kids are enrolled in activities, we talked about what a good one for the Winter would be and this gymnastics place opened up close to us. I had planned to look into it and then one of the neighbor kids mentioned he went and he really liked it so that helped tip the scales a bit. 

Cara decided she wanted to try their Ninja class (kind of like an obstacle course type class). Gwen also wanted to do it, but they didn't have an opening for her age so we had to sign her up for just beginning tumbling. In all honesty, I wanted both to do the tumbling class since I thought it would be better, but might as well let them pick what they want.



I took Cara to her class first (hers is on Mondays) and she came out smiling so big and saying she absolutely loved it and wanted to go every day. Gwen's class is on Thursdays right after I'm done with work so I assumed I'd have to take all kids (since, at the time, Larry wouldn't get home until 5, but then he switched his schedule and made it so he got home a little after 4) so I had already planned to bring everyone. Luckily, since I didn't have to, I only brought Lucy since she was saying she wanted to do a class and I wanted her to see it first. Gwen was groaning saying she didn't want to go, but I told her she has to try it and that if she doesn't do tumbling, she'd have to pick a different activity. Once she was done she said she loved it so much she wanted to LIVE there haha. Lucy also fell in love and asked if she could do it. Luckily, Gwen's class is for ages 3-5 so I figured lets sign her up for the same class so the could do it together. At first, they said there weren't any openings and she'd be on the waitlist, but the day after I signed her up they called to say there was an opening and they could add her to the class.


We're to the point where at the beginning of the week they ask what day it is and if it's their gymnastics class. Or when we drive by the area they yell out "GYMNASTICS!!" haha. They all really love it and look forward to it. I made Cara go to Gwen and Lucy's to see theirs and she said she wants to now do both classes, but I've decided we'll let them do it for a few months and then see if they want to keep going or switch to a different class or whatever. We'll see how we're feeling at that point. I was originally going to have them only do it during the winter and then do soccer in the spring and fall, but I think we might be able to swing it so they can do both during the soccer season. I do know we are planning on doing Swimming lessons for a couple weeks in April so they will end up missing a couple classes then that we'll have to make up for.

No comments: