Pages

Mar 17, 2024

St. Patrick's Day 2024

After Valentine's Day I knew I really needed to step up my game for holidays. While St. Patrick's may not be a big one, that just happened to be the next one so that's where we started haha.

I knew one of my biggest issues was not prepping ahead of time and being ready in time, so that's what I did this time. I wrote things down that I needed to remember about a month ago and wrote things down in my calendar spreadsheet what I needed throughout the month. I got the chocolate coins a while ago so we had that in time (AND in time that the kids would forget I got it). I made sure to get our decorations up after we got back from Phoenix and pulled out the scavenger hunt cards (I made sure to only grab half of them so that it wasn't as long of a hunt and we could mix and match them each year. I think I may need to print more to add some in throughout the next years).

We built the leprechaun trap (I had the girls each do a separate part of it) this last week. Unfortunately, the kids thought this meant the leprechaun trap was coming that night so we had an awkward morning the next day when they asked why it didn't catch the leprechaun and I had to explain I hid it and so we have to actually put it out to catch him haha. I also found out this trap meant more "presents" for the kids so I stopped by Hobby Lobby to get some fun trinkets (some fun headbands and necklaces) for them. I had already gotten them the chocolate coins, but I also got them some lucky charms cereal cups (I don't usually get them that since they won't actually eat all of it). Nothing big, but fun stuff.



I made sure to get corned beef sandwich makings and jello at Ridley's this week so that we could make those. We made the jello on Saturday, since we were doing rainbow jello cups so that took time to make all the colors and let them settle. 

Last night we set out to the "treasure" and set up the scavenger cards. We colored milk green for them to be surprised. I was debating if I should get up early on Sunday with Larry (that's usually my sleep in morning), and I decided to still sleep in and let him handle things and I'd just hope to hear about it when I woke up.

I was very excited when I did wake up and the girls were SO excited to tell me about the green milk, the treasure, and that there were even green eggs. I told them that the dentist told me the food turns green because the leprechaun dips his toe in it. Gwen said that was gross, but maybe he was a good leprechaun because she liked it haha. Luckily. Larry recorded them finding the treasure, so I got to see that. He also helped them pick out green clothes as well (I made sure to put on a green shirt before I went down so they didn't have an excuse to pinch me haha).




All day long the kids have been asking for green foods (green mac n cheese, more green eggs, all of it haha). I made the corned beef sandwiches for dinner, most of the kids didn't care for it, but Gwen said she loved it (I love how not picky she is). I still love having them (SO yummy!).

No comments: