Jul 31, 2024

July Activities

-Swim lessons and swimming. Cara  loves swimming as close to the deep end as she can get and going down to get things from the bottom. Gwen is all about doing cannon balls. Lucy has just started swimming lessons and loves going each day. She even puts her face underwater (a HUGE improvement from before). Pierce jumps into Larry's arms and then swims to the edge to get out and jump back in.


-Kids workshops: I was able to take the kids by myself to the Home Depot one. AND I discovered how early you have to go to actually get a kit (they have some fun ones). We also hit up the Lowe's one to build a fun sand box. I still love going to these things!

-We came back from Malad to discover our a/c had gone out upstairs. Unfortunately, it took 5 days to get it replaced (temps got up to the mid 90s...our bedrooms were MISERABLE at night). I got a little acclimated, but sleeping got difficult (especially when it took until 4 AM to get below 80 degrees). I'm just glad it got fixed BEFORE the temps got to 100 and that our main level still had a/c. I'm sure our power bill will be insane!


-7/11 slurpee run...always a fun summer day! I decided to let the girls ride their bikes/scooters up there and back. However, I forgot it's 100 degrees out AND I would have to hold all of them for the ride back. But it's worth it to let them get more comfortable on the bikes (they've ridden them more this summer than all other summers combined, I'd bed). 



-More yard work got done! It's really been nice having Larry off work to get this all done (our whole front is as done as it can be for this year. He got the side of the back yard that needed to be done finished and then, a project we didn't think would get done, he was able to put the weed blocker under the play ground area as well. Now we can let the kids walk around barefoot in the sand!

This after is AMAZING!

-We walked through Ikea one night to just have some fun and now I have a renovation bug biting so hard! I have such fun ideas for our closet and the laundry room (which I've had for a while), but now I want to redo the kitchen and bathrooms! Haha

This is close to the idea I have for our closet

I found a "Friend's Couch" that wasn't uncomfortable!
If I could have a Friend's room, I would have bought this!

-Larry got a new job! His last contract ended at the end of May and he was working with recruiters and applying to other jobs constantly. He was just keeping busy doing yard work and fixing things up, taking the kids to their swimming lessons, anything and everything around the house while he waited to hear back from anyone. It was a bit frustrating (especially with the a/c going out and everything). But luckily, one of the recruiters ended up finding him a really good job that would be an 18 month contract (the longest he's had) for the most he's earned so far, which is really nice! He starts tomorrow.

-We went to a family wedding at one point. I got a decent family pic (even though it was VERY hot):


-Cara got a new bike! Since she learned to ride without training wheels, we went and got her, her own bike. Now Gwen practices on the training wheel bike and loves it (I never thought we'd get her away from the scooter, that was always her favorite).

-Silly kiddos this month:






No comments: