Pages

Aug 16, 2010

Due West and an anniversary

So my mom has a customer, Doug, who has a son, also named Doug (Jr.) that is a kind of freelance musician, he tours with a bunch of different bands and plays for them. Well each year, Doug Sr., who owns a HUGE piece of land, has Due West (a country band) come and play courtesy of Doug Jr. It's a fun, free get together. Doug Sr. has hot dogs and hamburgers to cook and then everyone just brings a side dish or drink or dessert or whatever and you bring some lawn chairs, blankets, etc. and listen to the band play. They also sell t-shirts and cds and just different assortments of merchandise.
For the past 2 years I've gone with my mom to the show, but this was the first one I got to share with Larry. It's not his particular favorite music, but you can't help but enjoy the crowd who dances in the front to pretty much their own beat, you don't have to pay to join in, and you get free food that's really good, what more can you ask for? Oh and this also happened to be the same night as my parents 6th anniversary so I have to say Happy Anniversary to the cute couple! Below are just some pictures from the night :)
This is the band after I ran in front of everyone to get a good shot

Another closer up shot of the band

<3 The happy couples <3

No comments: