Pages

Aug 21, 2010

Nights out

So last night Larry and I went out to celebrate my friend, Chau's, 23rd birthday. She had a bunch of us meet over at Sandbar in good ol' Salt Lake (though I claim to be from Salt Lake, I'm not as close to the actual city area of it). While Larry was gone in the military I went out quite a few times with some friends there and had such a blast, but Larry is more of a "I prefer to mix my drinks at home" sort of person so I was kind of nervous to bring him along. I thought for sure he'd hate how loud the music was, how you can't walk anywhere without bumping into anyone and spilling your-a bit more expensive-drinks all over yourself (that's happened to me quite a few times), or how rambunctious my friends, or even I, can get when we've had a few drinks, but once we got around people I was familiar with and I could introduce him to everyone we actually had a great time! We laughed about jokes and got to meet more new people and we even walked around downtown for a little bit.
The nicest part about the whole night was we got to be young! He and I have been together for a long time for people our age and so sometimes we can get into this boring old homebody routine, which is really nice at times, but I get into these moods where I just want to remind ourselves we're in our 20s, we should have fun while we can! I love coming home and watching movies on our couch while eating popcorn, and I love spending a day doing laundry and running errands or just plain grocery shopping with him, but at the same time it's SOOO much fun to go out with friends, have some drinks, and just let loose and not care about what's going on outside! So all in all it was really fun to go out and I can't wait to go again with him, hopefully sometime soon, but I also love that today we'll be cleaning our own little area of our home, but spending the time together while we do it!

No comments: