Pages

Oct 29, 2010

Halloween 2010

So I've been anti-Halloween for the past couple years, it still brings back bad memories from losing my Papa 2 years ago and being forced to still celebrate the holiday. This year however I was pushed into dressing up for work again and I have to say I had quite a bit of fun going out, picking out the costume and all the accessories to it, and then being able to celebrate it with a fun group of people this year. I hope they don't mind me putting up pics ;)


Dorothy, me, and Raggedy Ann
  



Hippie dude
















This year was also the first year I picked out and carved my very first pumpkin (with the help of Larry, of course) I'm REALLY looking forward to our very first Halloween in our own place, but until that day I figure we can still do little things here to show our holiday spirit! I was very nervous with the pumpkin since I hadn't done one before and only had minimal trouble with it. I even picked a 2/4 challenging outline pattern!



Pre-carved, just bought

 
Pattern on paper



Scraping gunk off the top
 



Larry helping me carve the pattern
 


All lit up!


I'm very excited, not to mention surprised, it came out as good as it did! There was still a bunch of the pumpkin guts inside, but it was clean enough to be lighting a fire around it :)
So far it has been a great Halloween, I'm looking forward to passing out candy to the little trick-or-treaters tomorrow night and possibly Sunday too (I know I'd take advantage of both nights!)

We also got a new addition to our little family, Dash-the fish-was brought home today since there were too many threats against his poor fish life at work (ha ha), we'll see how long he lasts with our cats! 


Welcome to our home Dash!

Happy Halloween to everyone out there! Only a couple more months till Christmas (yippee!)

No comments: