Pages

Jan 2, 2011

2011-Are you ready?

Oh my gosh I can't believe it's a whole new year! Can I start by saying just how excited I am? First off this will be our first full year Larry and I will be together. By together I mean I won't have to just look forward to his weekend visits, he is done (for now) with military training and so this whole year he shall be mine, all mine! This will also be my first year with full goals in mind. I've always had things I'd have liked to get done throughout the year, but never really got to them, but this year will be amazing! I've entered into it thinking this will definitely be the greatest year for us, no questions asked, we will actively make it a good year for us.

I've started thinking I really should be taking my actions and choices into my own hands, before I've left it up to...well let's call it fate or destiny, not anymore. If I want something, I will be the one to work for it, if I want to get somewhere, I will be the one to get me there! No excuses, no pity parties, nothing! I'm very excited ha ha.

So far the year has started off amazing, We rang in the new year at my mom's. Played Hands and Feet (one of my favorite card games I'm discovering, even if I did lose pretty bad), drank some, ate pizza, and just really had fun. On the 1st we had a completely lazy day, I lied in bed, napped, watched movies, watched shows, surfed the Internet, etc. Larry played poker and computer games. It was fantastic! Today was my cleaning day, Christmas was taken down, living room was rearranged, then it will be grocery shopping, and then we get to really get settled into the new year (I've already written my first check wrong, don't you love the new beginnings?)

So back to my goals, I feel if I have them in writing then I might actually be able to accomplish them, or keep them in mind! All for 2011 (and if they happen to go into 2012, so be it!):

  • Take our trip to Six Flags and Disneyland in September! I'm really looking forward to this because I've never been to Six Flags and it's been so long I can hardly remember Disneyland. Plus this will be a big vacation with just Larry and me. I've got the whole thing scheduled into my budget for the year so it should be easy to accomplish, it's just about scheduling it and really putting all the plans for it into action.
  • Really keep to my budget! This, hopefully, will be our last full year under Larry's Dad's roof, so I need to get my spending in check. I know once we have an apartment with rent, utilities, and furniture I won't be able to just spend money like I'll have more again someday. We get to really grow up this year and although I've always been budget friendly, I've always found ways around it to make it keep working, even if I had to pinch pennies for a few months (yes I said months!), I'm hoping to avoid that at all costs this year.
  • Start and finish my medical coding and billing classes! I'm really looking forward to being in a job more related to the field I'm studying, I love working with the people I work with, but 6 years at a credit union isn't going to help me with Psychology (no jokes about members being nutty here!) My main goal is to finish the classes, and if I happen to find a job this year in it, then even better, if not, then hopefully I'm good enough at my current place I don't lose that one this year ;)
  • Learn a new language! I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, and I can only pick up on some words when those who are fluent in it (or it is their natural language) speak it around me now. Spanish no longer interests me, I'd love to become fluent enough in a language to visit a country that speaks it and test it out, but that could get expensive and VERY time consuming. So for now I'd like to learn Italian, enough to become fluent, and maybe one day (in the VERY long run) I can visit and see how good I really am. This one will probably be a bigger challenge to me because I can lost interest very easily if it doesn't apply to my every day life.
  • Stop putting off things to tomorrow that I can easily do today! This one will probably be my hardest one. I'm always thinking I can do that this weekend, I can do that tomorrow, I can do it later today, but unless I'm physically unable to do it at the moment I think of it, I need to start doing things right then and there.
  • Get into shape! I won't say I need to lose weight (I wouldn't hate that though) but I really need to get into better shape. I hate running, I hate waking up early to exercise, I'd rather sleep than do anything strenuous, I'm just not a work out and keep to it person. This year, however, I'm going to stay motivated! I would like to be able to hike without stopping too much, go on a bike ride without feeling like my lungs will collapse (yup, even bikes do it for me) and maybe, just maybe, one day, run without feeling like death has it's grip around my whole body! Larry is a runner, at least he was before his back had problems, so he's always made fun of me for not being able to run (I'm talking I can't even do 1/4 mile without wheezing), so hopefully he can help train me!
  • As a side goal, I'd like to become a bit more organized, I'm sure EVERYONE who knows me would say this is not something I need to work on, and if anything I need to be LESS organized, but I am still sloppy in my eyes and I'd like to fix that.
Now to get started...wish me luck :) and to anyone out there with resolutions, goals, what have you, good luck to you!

No comments: