Pages

Nov 26, 2015

Mom's Visit and some Thanksgiving grub

We got to spend some time with my mom and step dad this past week. They flew in Thursday and left Monday and I made sure to visit with them every day they were here. We went to dinners, walked the mall, hung out in the sketchiest part of town (where their hotel was), and went to breakfast before they left. It was a short visit, but still good to have.




Their visit being earlier than normal meant that Thanksgiving was a little different this year. Cindy was having a mini one at her place, grandma was having dinner with Tanny, so that meant Larry and I decided to do our own this year. Luckily Andy had no plans and asked if he could crash ours so we did get to have some family over for it. It was a small one, but I loved it. Once we're in our own home (post about that to come) I'm hoping to maybe, possibly host Thanksgiving for everyone (but I'm still a little nervous about that).




I decided to stick with the tradition of watching the parade in the morning, getting the turkey ready and started after that, cleaning the house a bit, and then we went to the store so I could get the cute little flowers as our centerpiece (for some reason I'm always wanting flowers on our table lately) and then we got to wait for everything to be done so we could eat :)  I think our dinner turned out pretty great, although I did mess up the stuffing this year (but the potatoes were MUCH better so I'm learning!). Hopefully we get it perfect next year. Here's hoping!

No comments: