Pages

Dec 9, 2015

Moving on up in the world

So Larry and I have some fun news: We're building a new home!


We officially signed the papers and put our lot deposit down tonight and we are so excited. It's a HUGE new step to make for us, but it'll be great. It's much more room than we have now and will have plenty of room for us to grow into and have a family in.



What our home will look like - only a regular garage in the front.
I don't like side entrance garage's so we don't have those windows there.
It's kind of a funny story because I wanted to move into a house earlier this year. I was going so stir crazy with how cramped our condo had become. We talked about this home being where we'd have a couple kids, but we had barely enough room for us and the kitties let alone adding a kid or two to the mix. Larry convinced me we should wait until he's done with school (which should be at the end of February next year) so I figured I'd stop looking at homes and just get over it. We talked about possible re-locating to another state once he's done with school so I had my hopes set on that (assuming we could get my job to work with me on that, I'd rather not leave HQY if I can avoid it). Fast forward to September, the week we left for Disneyland, Larry tells me he might have found the perfect home for us. I was so surprised because we hadn't talked about it in months! Well the home he found was through Fieldstone Homes and it was REALLY close to my work.


Unfortunately we drove by it and it wasn't what we wanted. I really like the idea of having a backyard and this place was packed so tight we'd barely have a cement slab as a "porch". Plus it wasn't closed to a grocery store or shopping or anything. If we couldn't get what we wanted from it I didn't want to pay as much as it would've cost for it. We decided against it and then we started noticing builders around where we live currently, and the more we paid attention the more we noticed. We finally started visiting all of them and getting price quotes and talking about all the options. Candlelight was one of the first ones we visited and we both loved the features they had.


They really do build beautiful!


After MUCH talking we finally settled on them and had to work on getting approval for a VA loan (the only one we can both really qualify for) which took a lot of jumping through hoops and research, but once we finally got the OK we went in and signed for our home. So now we get to wait until we can make our appointment for the design center and go from there.


I know a few people who have built homes and work with a lady who built in our neighborhood so I'm getting lots of tips and tricks and information that's extremely helpful. Hopefully this ends up being a pretty smooth process. I'm planning on documenting it all on here as we go, hopefully I get some good pictures!


We're so happy to finally be adults in our soon-to-be own, adult home. Hopefully we'll actually get the courage to invite people over and actually host some sort of shin dig :)

No comments: