Pages

Jan 16, 2016

Harry Potter Yule Ball

So we got to go to our first ball this year, a Harry Potter themed ball to be exact, and it was awesome! We went with some girlfriends from my work (and Victor) to create a big group, prom-like thing. We even met up before the event for dinner at Tsunami, my new favorite sushi place (if you've gone, have you had their short ribs?! They are just about the best thing ever!). The best part is I finally got to wear the fancy dress Larry got me for our anniversary.



Another great part is we got to take our picture with a live owl, oh and get a cutesy couples picture. But they also had these fun decorations (I forgot about some of the props to the movies until I saw what they had there), photo ops with dressed up characters, and a sweet tribute for Alan Rickman (who passed earlier this week).

I mean could be get any cuter?
 
 
They also had some butterbeer, but the idea of that hasn't ever appealed to me so I didn't try some, but we didn't pass up the candy options that were there ;)

 
 
 
 We didn't end up staying long because it turns out my wedding shoes aren't as comfy as I remembered them being and my ankles killed me from the second we walked into the event area, plus I couldn't dance because I kept slipping on my dress anyways. It was still a really fun night and I'm glad we got to go. So much fun I'd most likely go again (if I can talk Larry into it). Excuse me now, I need to go re-watch all the movies!

No comments: