Pages

Feb 16, 2016

President's Day Weekend

Oh...and I guess it's also Valentine's Day Weekend. I love three-day weekends, who doesn't right? But getting an extra day to try and sleep in is bliss to me!

Anyways, Larry and I decided to start a new V-Day tradition. Since I hate buying anything Valentine's related, but it is about spending time with your loved ones, I figure we should still do something together. This year the idea was to bake our first cheesecake. We are both very avid cheesecake fans, but we've always gotten them store bought.

This year we Larry found a pretty simple recipe, we got all the ingredients, had Alexa (Amazon's Echo-bot) put on a good radio station, and went to work. It was really fun baking together, we've never done that before and it made me realize how much I genuinely love hanging out with Larry (not to say we don't ever hang out, but we've gotten into a routine with our date nights or do the same thing each night, so to do something new with each other was more fun than I expected). The best part was we had extra filling so we went and got stuff for another crust and a different type of topping (we went with strawberry on the first one and blackberry/razzleberry topping on the second one) and got to make two cheesecakes!



I also learned Larry is a bit of a perfectionist when baking, I had to make him let me help (instead of dancing in the kitchen watching him haha) just so I could say I had a hand in it. Unfortunately we had to chill the cheesecake overnight so we had that one chilling on Saturday night and then made the second one Sunday and had that chill overnight into Monday. As impatient as I am, they were worth the wait. Both were really good, but the strawberry one was the better one if I had to choose. We had too much though, so I brought it in to work to share and it got some pretty good reviews...success!

We ended Valentine's Night with the movie Valentine (yes the "scary" one), because what's better than watching an anti-valentine's movie? Also, I watched the cutesy one (Valentine's Day) the weekend before so I didn't feel the need to watch it again...but I do love that one.

Anyways, I hope you all had a great three day weekend as well...or at least a three day weekend to begin with haha.

Enjoy this little silly video I made of the important parts of the process.

No comments: