Pages

Mar 3, 2016

A Little Lesson in Love and Murder

Whoever said you can't have fun seeing a play is mistaken! Larry and I took a risk and went to see " A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" at Kingsbury Hall last night and I have to say it's made me want to see many more plays!

If you recall, we went to see a fun Christmas one a couple years back and we really liked it, but it was different than I expected a play to be. The Thanksgiving before that play I had been watching the parade on TV when they played a snippet of a play that seemed really interesting. I didn't remember the name of it, but when I saw the below picture this year I knew that was it!




I looked it up and text Larry to see if he'd be interested in going. He said since it was a "comedy musical" he'd be open to it. We made it fun by deciding to take Trax up to the event center...there are some weird people who ride Trax! I love how convenient that is though, it makes for good people watching too.

We were looking pretty good
As for the play, it started out a little slow. It worried me when we were there and people were laughing at the beginning. I was wondering if there was some sort of inside joke or if people had seen a movie/read a book version of it so they knew what to expect. I worried Larry would hate it already. Once they started killing people it became a lot more entertaining and funny, surprisingly. By the intermission Larry was telling me how he found it pretty interesting. He had the same thoughts I had, it was a slow start and we were both worried it would be more stupid than funny. By the end though we spent the rest of the night talking about which parts we liked and why. I was so glad he liked it, I know I REALLY liked it. Enough that I hope they come out with a movie version or a book version because I'd buy it in a second!


View from our seats...wasn't too bad

After that experience I definitely want to find more that we can do to make for fun date day/night ideas. I hope they have Wicked or Beauty and the Beast come this year, I've been wanting to see either of those for a while or. I do see Book of Mormon and Cinderella are coming so maybe I can go see one of those.

No comments: