Pages

Dec 6, 2014

That Time We Went to a Play


So a while back I decided I wanted to go to a Holiday-related show/event and I originally wanted to see a TSO concert, but when I looked at tickets I only saw the Wednesday at 4 show (which obviously wasn't going to work with our schedules). After that disappointment I got to thinking about how I had always wanted to go see a play at Desert Star Playhouse and after looking at their options we decided on the play "How the Grouch Stole Christmas".

The Marquee


Last night we went and I have to say it was a better experience than I expected. We made sure to reserve a table for 2 near the front and it was the best possible choice for seating, just look at how close to the stage we were:


This isn't zoomed in at all either

The food wasn't too bad, the singing was pretty amazing, the acting was hilarious (they tried to have comedy for all sorts of audiences), and there was this piano player that had some serious skills! The only part that I didn't like as much was when they came into the audience, I became so afraid they'd make me sing and NO WAY was I doing that, but luckily they passed by our table (which goes to support how great of a spot we got). The seating was a little tight, but it wasn't too bad the way they had it set up and now that I think about it today the audience part was actually pretty funny (one of the performers got way into singing "Let It Go" and knocked her headpiece off and you could tell she got a little embarrassed but it was hilarious, my cheeks literally hurt from laughing so hard).

The bottom left was our table, Top left was a poster they had up of the show
Top middle was the entertaining piano player section (to our left, right side of the stage)
Top right was the extension of the stage for this play. Bottom Right is us :)

Overall it was a really fun experience (I want to say Larry laughed more than I did during it) and I'm glad we went. Hopefully next year we can do TSO, but we've had an fun time celebrating this year so far. Only 19 more days till Christmas now, I should be finishing all my shopping today so yay!

No comments: