Pages

Dec 25, 2014

Christmas 2014

I've posted it all over, but I'll say it again here: this Christmas was one for the books. Everything went to plan, nothing caused issues, we got to see a lot of our families, we got A TON of cool, fun stuff, and it was just overall awesome!

I would say the only down part is the kitties woke me up at 6:30. I would've gone back to sleep, but I saw yellow and red lights flashing in our room and had no idea why (although my sleepy brain thought maybe it was Santa, once I woke up I really wondered). Then I threw open our drapes to see:



Finally! Some snow, and to wake up Christmas morning to this was just the best wake up call ever! No way could I go back to sleep after that. I got up, went online, and texted my mom a bit then around 7:30 I realized I waited long enough and Larry had slept enough so I went in and bugged him for half an hour to get him up. We finally got up and opened the gifts my mom had shipped over (we knew we'd be talking to her throughout the day so I figured I should know what she got us). After that we got ready and headed to Marie's for breakfast. The drive always takes us a little while, but the food is always so yummy! We ate, opened gifts, and visited for a bit. Then we headed over to my grandma's to do lunch with her, my aunts, cousins, and Andy. This was probably my highlight because my little cousins just flipped their lids when they saw our gifts to them. Abby even shouted out "best Christmas EVER!" when she saw hers. Anna kept telling me how we got her a never before seen doll for hers and seemed pretty excited. After we ate we Skyped with Mom for a little bit, it was so nice seeing her and being able to spend this day with her (even if it was from afar).



After that I wasn't sure the day could get much better, but we came home and got to open our gifts (while playing the Netflix fireplace screen and turning on the heater...I'm so clever haha) and that was pretty much the cherry to my day. The kitties loved the bed we got them and the toy balls. We also got them a wheat grass growing kit, but those will take a while to grow to see how much they take to that. I surprised Larry with a WiiU (He'd been talking about wanting one since at least August) and he made sure to crack into that quickly and start playing. I got tons of books, movies, and decorations for the house (yay!) so I'm set for a while. I also found out I'm the best at getting copy-cat presents, I would say like 5 of the ones I got others ended up being duplicates of some sort, but it's okay because most were fine being duplicates and those that weren't I was able to get return labels printed off quickly. Oh yeah, the best part? The snow was falling all day and pretty much followed us around Utah!




This was the end of the day.
If you look closely you can see the flakes
Falling a little (next to the car)
I am so happy with how Christmas went this year. The only drag is knowing we have to go to bed at a decent time for work tomorrow, but oh man am I looking forward to this weekend! The Wilson's will be in town and we'll get to visit with them (I always look forward to their trips out here and playing games at Mauna's!). I guess that means I have a lot of cleaning to get done between now and then so I better get going.



MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!!

No comments: