Pages

Dec 30, 2014

Annual Wilson Christmas Visit

I really wish I had pictures to go with this post, but we had so much fun visiting with my dad's side of the family that pictures were the last thing I thought about! I know we always end up having fun and laughing a lot, but I forget how much fun and how much laughing goes with these visits.

First off, they came over on Saturday and met with our floof for the first time (everyone of them seemed to love it as much as we do). We sat and talked and talked for hours before finally realizing we had gifts to exchange. I will say I was pretty nervous about some of their gifts because I felt I could've done better (there's always someone - or some people- I feel I could've done better on their gift and this year it was half of the Wilson clan). Luckily they all seemed pretty impressed with their gifts so I felt relieved (if you guys were faking it, you're really good at it and I'm VERY appreciative of that!). I'm learning that prank boxes are even funnier and better than I realized (Will got this one and Don got this one and both of them LOVED the boxes much more than their real gift it seemed). Oscar even decided to come out and visit with them for a bit, which is so unlike our cats! After that we went out to dinner at Training Table (only one of the best sandwich places in Utah!). We had plans to go to the Zoo Lights, but the night got away from us and we decided to go to Mauna's (my grandma's on my dad's side) house to play cards and visit some more. I will say I absolutely have a blast playing cards with them because my aunt Becky and uncle Jim will join in and we just joke and laugh and joke and laugh all the time (I'm pretty sure Larry and I are mostly just laughing at all the jokes, but that's all we need). When we got home from all that Larry kept telling Oscar how he was such a good boy being so friendly and giving him loves, hopefully that will make the other cats want to visit whenever anyone else comes (even though that's pretty rare).

Sunday we didn't see them until later because they had church and we had loads of laundry to do, but again it was visiting, playing cards, dinner, and some more gift exchanging. I was so happy that Mauna and Becky's family seemed to love their gifts - we don't normally do gifts with them, but I found things that just made me think of them so I decided I had to get them. I got Mauna a cute frame from Quilted Bear with a picture of Larry and me in it that she wouldn't stop smiling about and hugging (I'm SO not complaining here by the way) and I got Becky's family a corn hole/bean bag game (they couldn't stop talking about how they were excited to take it camping, which made me totally light up inside). I love love love gift giving!!

Monday I had to work so we didn't visit with them until later again, but it was our usual card playing and hanging out. The last nights are always so hard because this time we knew we had to leave early so we weren't up too late for work the next day, but I always want to stay until they kick us out (although that has yet to happen). Luckily there was talks of them coming out in July for a family reunion/camping trip so I'm really looking forward to that happening. They'll still be out for Christmas, but at least we'll get two visits next year :)

No comments: