Pages

Dec 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

Christmas Eve this year sure kicked some past C.E. butt, I had so much fun getting things ready. First off, I decided I was going to make our first turkey dinner this year - I've always wanted to try it out and since all my sisters and/or sisters-in-law seem to have done one of their own I felt it was time for me to know. So we spent Tuesday night getting the brine cooked, seasons mixed, and Larry even helped clean the turkey and remove the gross parts. It was so nice, I felt like it was more our first turkey dinner than just mine.

Random Pics from around the house today (clockwise from top left):
1 more day(s)!, Our Christmas tree all lit up and pretty,
my lovely Chris Pinetree (get it? Haha), and all our Christmas snacks
And sweets we have!
This morning was even better, Larry had to work so I watched a couple movies (It's a Wonderful Life & Love Actually), texted with family, played with the kitties, drank more homemade hot chocolate and tidied the home a little. Then at 3 he was done working so we started the turkey. I won't lie, I was nervous it'd get screwed up and we wouldn't really have a dinner and I'd never know how to finally make a turkey. After that I took a shower and started A Christmas Story (such a cute one!), before that ended the turkey was done and I finished up the sides. Larry was so helpful getting the food ready, I set the table and then took like a million pictures of everything haha


I think even just smelling the turkey kicked in that tryptophan effect ha ha so after eating I've felt like I could just pass out at a moments notice. But I'm not ready for Christmas Eve to be over with even if I am ready for Christmas Day to be here. Luckily Larry agreed it was as yummy as I thought and was nice enough to share it with the kitties (only Minnie seemed to care that much). I swear she's not my favorite (I love them all equally), but she's the only one who was in the picture areas today, like this one:


I was playing with her all day where I'd make her come by the floof and then play wrestle with her and so when we went to lay down to watch our show she sat there waiting for us to play again and her cute little face was too hard to resist taking a picture.

I will say as much as I miss my family who aren't close to us, I'm getting used to it being Larry and me and I've absolutely loved celebrating together. We sure make a good team and I love our little life together with our three kitties in our cute little home. I love that we can still talk and have nice little conversations and I still learn new things about him.

No comments: