Pages

Dec 20, 2014

Reasons My Husband is Awesome - Birthday Edition

So I haven't been big on birthday celebrations for the last several years, but man this year sure changed that around! Larry made this year the best birthday I've had in a long time.

The week started off bah humbug ish - my theory is it was due to the absence of snow (it was the 18th of December, why would there NOT be snow at that point?), but the day definitely turned my spirits around. Here are just some highlights from my birthday:
  • Tons of Facebook reminders made the morning start off right.
  • I decided to dress up a little, just for the heck of it, and I think that also helped make it a good morning.
  • I really wanted snow from Mother Nature, so the storm, albeit as brief as it was, we had was just happiness at the window for me :)
  • Getting text messages from my family were just about the best (the one from my cousin was my favorite)
  • Being embarrassed by my work with the Birthday Song, complete with a spinning chair (I had my hands on my face at this point so that part I could be making up haha)
  • Getting my own personal brownies as my birthday treat from work (I LOOOOVE brownies!)
  • Getting scared by Larry when I got home (all in good fun, it was actually hilarious!)
The staged area Larry set up for when I got home
The awesome birthday balloons and cute little tree Larry got me. Along with a snowflake in my card saying my gift is what I always wanted: a shopping spree :) (also the fact that he made the snowflake is just so special to me!).


  • Going out to Dinner at Zupas. Larry offered to either make dinner or take me out, so I chose Zupas :)
  • Coming home and watching Christmas Vacation. Larry isn't big on Christmas movies (he thinks they're a bit cheesy) so the fact that he sat down and watched one with me meant the world! Almost as much as the snowflake gift card in my card :)
 
See? Cute little snowflake!
  • While it got sad after a while, we found out the cats are DEATHLY afraid of balloons! It's the craziest thing to be scared of, but all of them don't like them, Oscar and Minnie absolutely hate them. So of course we chased them around a little bit. Once I saw how traumatized they were I stopped and gave them loves and a treat, but the beginning part was hilarious to me. All the color balloons are now deflated and they still hate them haha.
So overall, like I said, it was one of the best birthdays! I got snow from Mother Nature and (partly) from Larry, I'm getting a shopping spree, I got some funny cards, a lot of people showed they thought of me and it was so nice. I'm definitely going to have to start making up for Larry next year.

Oh and I posted this about 35 minutes ago:


Anyone who was expecting an amazing blog post since it took me over 30 minutes...I'm sorry. Haha.

No comments: