Pages

Dec 31, 2014

Flashback: 2014

~January~
So we started our 2014 in a pretty awesome way: by counting down with Christopher Titus at Wise Guys. I will say that was a pretty awesome way to ring in the new year. I wish I could say we were doing it again this year, but there aren't any good comedians or shows going on right now. We also got our tickets to go see Brian Regan:




~February~
February brought on a new challenge and one of my favorite Valentine's Day celebrations. Larry really outdid himself and made it pretty amazing for me. I'm still not big on celebrating it, but he made me not hate it as much as I used to:


I also realized how much of a pack rat I became with magazines:


In addition, I found a reason to forgive Wal-Mart one month a year:



~March~
In March Larry took a trip to Chicago for some training in his new position. While it was a short trip, I missed him tons! However, between this post and the surprise he got me while he was away you can see why I wanted him near:


We also got a chance to see one of my favorite comedians, Brian Regan:


I'm actually surprised I don't have a blog post about that, but it was a really fun night. It had a nice dinner, a lot of walking around downtown in heels (on my part), avoiding some Salt Lake hobo from "detailing" our car for some extra cash, and lots of laughs.

~April~
April appears to be a bit busier with our free night out (thanks HEQ!), some new home decorations, the BEST Easter I've ever had, and some unexpected car troubles. Luckily the car troubles weren't anything serious and the rest of it was all fun stuff :)

Oh yes and the kitties were extra cuddly this month:



~May~
In May we had a really fun trip to Boondocks with my brother. None of us had been and I can't say I hated it, although I might avoid the batting cages next time haha. We also went to Memphis/Mississippi to visit Mom in May, which sure made me miss her like crazy. In spite of that we had an amazing time out there and I'm so glad we got a chance to see her new neck of the woods. I'm already planning my 2015 trip to see her :)

We also took Andy to NickelCade for his birthday, as requested, and came home with a ton of random winnings:


I'm pretty sure he loved it

~June~
June was a big one for us, we finally did the Dirty Dash, which has been on my wish list for a while. I had a blast doing this, even though I banged my legs up pretty bad. Larry talks about doing it again with his brother next year so they can actually run the whole thing and do the 10K (we only did the 5K):


We also went to go see one of our favorite comedians, Bill Burr (apparently it was a big year for comedians). On our way there we went to Hollywood Connections for a quick visit and had some major flashbacks to our really early days together:


We also celebrated (aka made ourselves so sick at) our first Strawberry Days with some coworker/friends of mine:


And lastly, we went to the Airshow with Marie, Jim, Skyler, Jena, and Cailyn:




Overall June was a really fun month for us :)

~July~
In July we definitely killed it with our first Fourth of July with real fireworks (we did an amazing show!!):


We also celebrated Williams First Birthday and getting my new bike:


What's more, Larry and Skyler hiked Kings Peak (all the way!) for the first time:


They both were sore for weeks, but he's already talking about wanting to do it again haha. While they did that, I spent some time with  Cailyn and Jena at the mall where Cailyn needed to try everything on:


Such a goofy little girl, she totally has my heart! One of the funnest parts (work wise) was when my company finally went public (HQY all the way!) and we had a fun party with some French toast, truffles, gelato, and mini cider bottles:



Watching them ring the bell at NYSE gave me the chills!

~August~
In August we went camping, just us in a tent, for our first time. It was a nice, relaxing trip. I also had another company party (our usual summer party) at Smith's Ballpark. I even won some prizes from a drawing they had:


We invited Jena, Skyler, and Cailyn to come along and I think it was for the best. It was a bit more fun having Cailyn there since it was pretty heavily family oriented. But being on the actual field was exciting for me. We also babysat Cailyn for Jena and Skyler so they could have their anniversary weekend to themselves and Cailyn was a hoot to have around:






We went to the zoo for the first time this month (usually it's much earlier so this is pretty shocking to realize to me) and saw all the new exhibits. They've done an amazing job improving everything, if only they'd re-do the Reptile house and bring back the hippos and penguins!

~September~
In September we had Cailyn's 3rd birthday party (where has the time gone??), celebrated Papa's birthday, and I finally got my big shopping spree:



It was a really good month for us (or maybe that's just me?).

~October~
October was probably one of the better months (besides the fact that that's when holidays start so it goes super quickly with all the fun celebrations). First off, I got a new promotion:


Larry and I celebrated ten years together (I can hardly believe it's been that long already). We got ready for Halloween, and took a trip to Cornbelly's:


It was an awesome month, with a lot of fun! I get more and more excited about Halloween as the years pass - just so I can help celebrate the way Papa would've wanted me to :)

~November~
In November my aunt Cindy had her third daughter (adorable Olivia), whom I'm just so obsessed with! She curls up against your chest and just melts you heart. Plus watching Anna and Abby love on her is just the cutest. We got a visit from Mom, complete with our usual trip to Susan's (Chinese food) for dinner. I got the best fortune:


Part of that trip included celebrating Thanksgiving (I'll leave my comments on that alone), where I discovered I LOVE watching the parade and I think I will continue doing that in the future. After Thanksgiving is our usual Christmas decorating:


Which just brings me to my favorite month/time of year...

~December~
December is the greatest! I'm not sure why exactly, but I absolutely love Christmas time and getting gifts for family and friends and celebrating all the wonderful-ness that is this time. Although I think every driver around this time could disagree on the wonderful, happy parts I'm still saying it's amazing. December started off with us going to our first play together. Next Larry finally shaved his No Shave November Beard (we had a lot of fun taking pictures of the phases):


It was followed by my amazing birthday (I am really going to have to pull out the big gun for Larry's next year after how well he did with mine this year). This was followed by some days that I was feeling extra thankful:

 


We also found out we'll have a new niece or nephew next year: my brother Shawn and his wife, Amber, (William's parents) are pregnant again!! I love babies.

We had an amazing Christmas eve dinner and a lot of fun making our first turkey:


And Christmas Day:


We also had the Wilson's annual Christmas visit.

2014 was definitely a year to remember. Every holiday (except Thanksgiving) was my most favorite one I've had. I can't wait to make even more memories in 2015 with our trip to New York and everything else that's to come. I will say I have high hopes for this next year since 15 is a special number to Larry and me, so hopefully it lives up to the hype!


Happy New Years Eve and here's to an amazing New Year :)

No comments: