Pages

Nov 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year was different to say the least. I won't say it was my favorite one this year, but it started out pretty awesome.


I decided this year I'd really like to watch the parade so in the morning I took a shower, came out to put the parade on, and then went around taking pictures: The cats having their "Thanksgiving meal" (aka their "treat" canned food), Larry playing games while he could, and a picture of the Turkey from the parade (you can't tell in the picture but our TV is pretty big now so I felt like I was almost in NY watching the parade in person).

I'm so Thankful for my little family. Larry and the cats really make my home my favorite place to be! I definitely want to start our own Thanksgiving traditions for us to celebrate in future years that we can bring our future kids into so I think that's what I'll be working on these next few years (I'm going to attempt my first turkey for Christmas this year!), but this year had a good starting point for them :)

There was a lot that happened, so I want to post on the happier highlights of the day:

-Seeing Olivia (my newest cousin) and being able to hold her so much (she's still so tiny that when you hold her she just curls up on your chest and it would melt my heart).
-Seeing Larry's family (their dinner was SO yummy!)
-Seeing Shawn, Amber, and baby Will (watching him play with the vacuum was hilarious!)
-Giving Will his birthday gift (he liked it much more than I thought he would, especially the prank box it came in).
-Seeing Larry talk military stuff with Skyler and Andy (I'm sure it wasn't a favorite time in his life, but I look back at the time more fondly now. I'm definitely glad we're done with it, but it was a nice experience to have).
-Food! Lots of and lots of food! My grandma had homemade mashed potatoes and they were amazing and are probably my favorite part of Thanksgiving....except my mom's Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake pie (Oh my gosh that's so yum!!!)



Speaking of: my mom came in Sunday for the holiday and so I did my best to spend as much time as possible with them as I could. She left this morning so we did our goodbyes (as tear-less as we could, but that's just impossible) last night.

 
I promise when I started out my face wasn't as red
And my hair was actually cute
I hope everyone out there had a great Thanksgiving! Christmastime is officially upon us, I'm so excited to start watching the movies and listening to the music...yay!!

No comments: