Pages

Nov 1, 2014

This is Halloween - 2014

Halloween this year was a great one, the only thing that could've made it better would have been if we had more trick-or-treaters! We had all our decorations up, our pumpkins carved, and costumes picked out to be ready for the day. For costumes we decided to dress up as Richard and Kahlan from our Sword of Truth books, they don't technically have the real costumes (at least not budget friendly options), but I found good backups:



Since Larry worked from home he didn't feel the need to dress up until later, but I had to wear mine all day for work, luckily the rest of my team (minus my manager) dressed up as well as the old team I was on (for the most part).




Speaking of work, we had one awesome pot luck (one thing I love about the holidays!), with the best Minestrone soup you've ever tasted, good side dishes, and yummy root beer floats (my favorite!). That was followed by our annual costume contest (two brothers in the company dressed up as Harry and Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber and they won "group" costume - it was pretty awesome. Hulk Hogan won best single costume) which was hosted by our President, who was dressed up like Barney - seriously! Although, it was crazy busy for me, Fridays are my new busy days in my new position, I still had a lot of fun!




After work I got home just in time for us to have dinner, watch an episode of House, and get the candy ready before the trick-or-treaters came. Unfortunately, we probably only had maybe 20-30 kids in like 5-7 groups so it was a quick night (I'm pretty sure our last person was at 8, but it was enough time to watch a scary movie at least). Even though I really tried to hand out as much candy to each one, we now have tons of leftover candy, but I'm okay with that. I got tons of compliments on my costume and I loved how Larry looked in his (he was really excited to be able to "use" his real sword he got forever ago). I'm very excited that the holidays are officially upon us and while I may hold onto my Halloween stuff for this week, I'll transition into Thanksgiving/Fall next weekend and I'm more than happy about that!

No comments: