Pages

Oct 26, 2014

Cornbelly's


So since I wanted to do a corn maze this year I thought what better place to go then Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point? I've never been there before, but now that we live like 10 minutes away from there I see the signage for it everywhere! We tried going there for their pumpkin patch to get pumpkins last week, but we couldn't figure out where the pumpkin patch was (we thought it was separate from the activities area) so we ended up going to Smith's. So I decided we can't miss a corn maze if we park and walk through it right?

Well the funny part was that morning I got a text from Jena asking if we wanted to go to Cornbelly's with them, after I told her we actually planned on going already we decided to meet up and do all sorts of activities together. Man I had no idea they had so much to do there! Most of it is for kids, obviously, but it's still pretty fun. We got to see their cute little costume parade, ride a tractor, go on a hayride, play all sorts of games. There was Cornball which was kind of like volley ball, but with a big blown up corn ball and hay stacks as your "net", there was corn hole and dodgeball (which we didn't play, but it was there), we went down the big slide on burlap (with Cailyn screaming "again again!" afterwards haha), and also this basketball, football, baseball thing where you throw balls into the holes for different "scores". There was this funny big tube you could walk in and you got to get inside and roll it down this track and back, I did that and it kind of got me winded, it was fun, but I didn't realize it was a little bit of a workout (how can I get those in my home to tone up on? haha). Cailyn seemed to love the things that you can put your face in the holes for a picture and anything that she could climb in/on. Oh and we also got to see a pig race! It was pretty cute, but my pictures didn't turn out at all!

At the end of the day we got to do the corn maze, it wasn't too hard, but still fun. Little miss Cailyn was our guide and got us out within 30 minutes (if that). She had fun with it though (see her cute little pose up in the pictures? She's a crack up!). Overall it was a fun day with lots to do whether you had a kid or not and I'm really glad we got to go. As a side note: their pumpkins weren't very impressive this weekend, maybe earlier in the month they were good, but I'm glad we got ours at Smith's.

1 comment:

Paige Allison said...

love the blog make-over!! So cute!!!