Pages

Jul 6, 2014

Fourth of July

Independence day this year was pretty incredible! I've never gotten why this holiday could be anyone's favorite before this year. Sure I love the summer, but as far as holiday's go give me Halloween through Christmas/New Years any day. This year, however, I may have to change my views a little.

Larry decided he wanted to go to Wyoming for fireworks this year. Originally I wondered why he would want to since aerials aren't illegal in Utah anymore so why drive all the way there for the same stuff we can get here? It was really worth it though! They had some amazing, huge stores over there, stuff seemed a bit cheaper, AND they had videos of everything they sold so you could see what you were buying. We spent a couple hours picking fireworks out and getting lunch real quick while we were there.

The big package we bought
"The Big Ego"

After that we went home, took a quick nap, showered, and got ready to head over to Skyler and Jena's. It's become our new tradition to eat dinner and then, once it gets dark, light off some fireworks over there. They made some pretty delicious food with some cheesecake and the best root beer you've ever tasted. After dinner we just sat around and talked, listened to music, and had a tea party with Cailyn (that last part might have just been me) while waiting for the sun to set.

I don't think I could've been more excited for our fireworks this year. We started with bottle rockets..some of those may have ended up in the neighbors lawns, some may have just blown up right in front of us, but a majority went up and exploded (once the guys learned how deep to put them in the grass). Cailyn loved helping them light a bunch of them and then running away to cover her ears. Once we started with the real fireworks the neighbors seemed to love us (despite the fact that we may or may not have started a fire at one house...I promise it was put out before it caused any real harm!). Cailyn loved handing over new ones to the boys to light off, though I think she got bored with that because after a while she kept bringing them to Jena and me saying "happy birthday!" haha. Our finale was beyond remarkable! I'll have to post the couple of videos we took of them, they were pretty cool. After we finished one of the neighbors actually came over and said she loved them so much and that she thought they were just as good, if not better, than the ones the park puts on. She also said she realized we spent a lot of money on all of them and she loved that her and her kids got a great show from their own house. It was pretty cool hearing that and all the cheers. I definitely think we'll be doing a repeat next year, but with different fireworks. It definitely helped this holiday climb my must-celebrate holidays list haha.

Just some photos from the Holiday.
You can see one of our fireworks was as tall as Cailyn!

Unfortunately, we were supposed to follow that awesome day with a camping trip this weekend, but I got my reservations wrong and we'll be going later in the summer. This opened up the weekend, so we just had a relaxing weekend again. We used some of our camping gear so we knew what we were doing, so hopefully when we go now it will be much better.

Happy Holidays/Summer everyone!!

No comments: