Pages

Jul 17, 2014

Summer Happenings...So far

This summer has been a fun one already. Granted, yes, we are a month and a half into it, but still. So aside from the Air Show at Hill Air Force Base and July 4th at Skyler and Jena's we've:

  • Gotten our very own bikes! I'm so excited about it. Ever since we moved down here I've noticed that it seems like everyone bikes everywhere. I see them in our neighborhood, on my drives to work, and even down Pioneer Crossing (where they have a little bike path off the road). I would constantly tell Larry that I would love to have a bike and go riding. I hadn't been in so long. Well he is such a good listener that he got us some this past weekend :) I love mine:

I haven't named it yet, but I love it! So cute and sporty :)
 
  • We got to celebrate Baby Will's first birthday! Can you believe he is one already? It's insane! He's such a cute little boy. He was so shy when we first saw him, but he seemed to warm up pretty quickly. Shawn and Amber held the party at a little park by their house so we got to put him on the swing and be outside (in the shade, of course) with the fresh air. It was a pretty good day for the party and he got lots of nice gifts! I got the best picture of the cake part:
I'm sorry, but you can't say that isn't
The cutest picture EVER!
  • Since Larry got his bike later (as in, just barely this week and he hasn't gotten the tire pump yet) I went and rode mine around the neighborhood while he ran last night. We decided this might be one of our new nightly things to do while it's warm outside. It was nice because running outside has just become a no-go for me lately (it just kills my lungs and it's getting too hot for me outside to run out there) but it makes it so we can still do something together outside.
  • When we went to the birthday party we saw the people floating tubes down the Provo River and people who went up to Bridal Veil Falls and I'd really like to squeeze that in. There's a bunch of things I'd love to get done this summer, but we'll see when and if we do them. I have to say there's been a bit of a change in my attitude lately and I really don't want to plan things anymore. I bunch of people have told me to "just live in the moment" and that's not something I've ever really done. I've always been a planner, wanting to know where the next 5 years of my life might be at. all. times! I actually used the phrase tonight "you can't stick to plans because you can't control everything so you might as well just go with the flow!" Larry even said he was surprised and it sounded weird coming from me. I'm not sure why I've been so much more laid back lately, but it's kind of nice. I'm not really sure other people have noticed this change yet, but I swear it's there!
So that's been all. Not too much, but it had been a little while since I posted so I thought I should post something. It's been fun so far, Larry's got a big weekend coming up that I can't wait to post about, but I'll wait till after so I have pictures (hopefully). Hope everyone else is having a fun summer!!

No comments: