Pages

Jul 1, 2014

Summer Plans 2014

So I've decided I'm going to try not to let a weekend get by too often where we don't do something fun! I feel like Summer's in the past just whiz by and I realize I didn't take advantage of the warm weather enough. So for at least the next two months I'm hoping to cross off the following:

  • Camping at Jordanelle. I've got the reservations booked, we just need to check our tent and blow up mattress. I think I'm most excited for this since it will be our first time camping just us and I got us a spot right on the lake so we can skip rocks or go swimming or whatever we want.
  • Larry and Skyler will be doing King's Peak, it's definitely been planned out so that should be exciting. While they are doing that Jena and I will probably be doing a girl's day just us and Cailyn :)
  • Hogle Zoo has become a weird Summer tradition I guess. They have the new exhibit so I can't wait to see that and the animals!  I don't know why I love zoos so much, but it's just a must-do each year. Plus we can go to Ruth's Diner again (the best part about a zoo visit).
  • We decided once we get our bikes we'd like to go on a ride up Pony Express. We haven't been any more West than where we are now so it'd be nice to see what they have down there (we always get emails about stuff that's going on down there). I'm hoping it'll get us more used to this area (not that we aren't used to it, but something to help us see what else is around us).

  • We also have the 4th of July coming up, Larry wants to take a road trip up to Wyoming to get some fireworks. We'll be doing dinner and those at Skyler and Jena's, like we have been doing the last couple years. I just want to sleep in till forever that day :)
  • We have a few birthdays coming up: Larry's is today (he's in class right now), Baby Wills is in a couple weeks, a chunk of my siblings were all really recently or coming up so there's those celebrations.
  • We're talking about doing a few weekend road trips sometime, we'll see when and where we do those, nothing is set in the works.
  • I definitely want to get more hikes in before it gets too cold. We'll see how Larry feels after Kings Peak.
And that's about it, so far. I wanted to do Lagoon, but seeing ticket prices and knowing they don't really have anything new there it's kind of on the back burner. Maybe next summer (I still have to do the Catapult!). For now, I'm just excited to start filling up the calendar :)

Happy Summer Everyone!

No comments: