Pages

Jul 28, 2014

Something I Feel Strongly About

So since I already mentioned my love of animals in the last post this time I'll do my next big thing I feel strongly about: Gay Rights.

I'm not exactly sure why this one is a big one for me, except that I think it's pretty crappy to discriminate a group of people just because you don't agree with their lifestyle. If it's not hurting anyone (and make any BS argument you want about if this is hurting anyone, it's completely untrue) then just let them be! I've had gay friends growing up and seeing how hard it was for them to just be themselves, even with just their parents, broke my heart. Not that I feel it's important, but just so everyone knows I am (obviously) not gay, haven't been gay, nothing like that. But I think I can understand how hard it is to feel different and be so afraid to tell certain people in your life (announcing our atheism was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, for me at least).

This is one of my hot button issues, if you don't agree with this then don't tell me about it because I will straight up knock you on your ass with facts that go against you and I will not feel bad about it either. There are a few things I will stand up and fight with/against and this is one of my biggest ones. There has only been on person in my life that didn't agree with it and when it came up I just told them to stop talking because I'm sure what I have to say is enough to lose some people in my life with and I didn't want that to be an issue with this person. But that's the only time I would probably give a person a chance to stop because I feel so passionately about this and I don't think it would ever change.

So if you come across me and you agree we can talk about it just fine. But if you disagree, just don't let it become a topic of discussion. That is all :)

Till next time...

No comments: