Pages

Jan 1, 2015

New Year, New Us

I'm so excited about this new year, as usual. Call it total cliché but I love the whole blank slate to start fresh with, plus the fact that this year is 2015 (15 being a good number for me) makes it better. This New Year's celebrations were a little more tame than last year, but a lot like the year before, only we learned not to sleep in the living room this time. That year we were playing a bunch of games, but ended with Monopoly (in the middle of the game Larry got really sleepy and so we called it a draw and went to bed). This year we started with Monopoly while watching the ball drop in NY on TV and for the first time ever I actually beat Larry (he always beats me at everything, so I was happy to finally have my chance to shine!)



We also played one of our other new games called Relationality and drank our cider drinks (I'm not a big drinker and I think Larry didn't want to drink alone so we settled for cider). The game turned out to be a mix of Life and Monopoly. Larry ended up with a baby and an STD, but somehow he ended up winning that one haha. It was different, but kind of a fun one (it'd probably be more fun with other couples though). And of course we had our midnight kiss and stayed up for a bit before going to bed. Like usual I'm not saying I made resolutions, but I am making a To-Do list for the year (to-do makes me feel like I'll really get to it, whereas resolution has an "I won't get to it, but at least it's there" association):

  1. Be better with doing the dishes (I'm still so bad with getting this taken care of).
  2. Cross off items from our bucket list (always one the list).
  3. Go to New York
  4. Visit Mom again
  5. Eat less sweets and junk food (this isn't a permanent one, it's to get less addicted to it).
  6. Stick to my workout schedules so that the holidays aren't so hard.
  7. Watch less Netflix, make more time for other things (Larry still gives me crap about not doing anything with the gifts he got me last Christmas).
  8. Clean out the house this month
  9. Make more time for friends and family
  10. Clean and stay organized more throughout the year, instead of just when people come to visit.
I think I actually did pretty good at least year's to-dos:

  • Cross items off our bucket list - as mentioned this one will be on for a while so while we did cross a few off, there's always more that could be done.
  • Read more. I officially finished our series and got more into reading so I think I can say I was successful with this one. My new Kindle should make this one a good one to continue.
  • Have more date nights together. This one was a slow start, but we actually got more into this towards the end of the year and created a plan to keep this up this year.
  • Go see mom, definitely checked off the list!
  • Get better at the dishes. Since this is on my list this year you can see I didn't do so well on this.
  • Gluten Free. Checked off the list in February, and I think we only messed up a few of the days, but for the most part we did really well.
  • Save more than spend. Now that New York is on the list I definitely got better at saving. It's actually hard to get me to spend money a lot now.
So maybe calling it a To-Do list really makes it better and easier for me. Friends just started on Netflix so that one might be a challenge, but I think I have a good plan to make sure I keep to it. I'm very much looking forward to this new year! I hope everyone is having as good of a time as I am!

No comments: