Pages

Jan 5, 2014

New Years 2014

So I realize we are now 5 days into the New Year, I guess I've been putting off posting anything. Mostly I have to blame the introduction of The Office on Netflix (I swear streaming is going to replace any free time I had before ha ha). I've literally watched over 6 seasons in about a week (I'm not SUPER proud of that fact, but I watched Jim and Pam's wedding and decided I needed to take a break to acknowledge Larry a little bit this weekend).



Anyways, our New Years Eve to New Years was really fun, like I mentioned previously one of my Christmas gifts from Larry was tickets to see Christopher Titus at Wise Guys in West Valley. We love going to Wise Guys because it's smaller and so it's got a more personal feel to the show. Plus you get to visit with the people afterwards. We didn't do that this time because I just felt like going straight home (I was getting tired and he's MUCH more animated than I realized before), but he did extend his show so that we got to count down with him to midnight (I think he was supposed to end around 11/11:30,  but he went past 12). It was pretty cool to say we got to countdown to 2014 with Titus!

Once we got home, I passed out while Larry stayed up to play games. I think the laughing got to him though because his jaw has been in a bit more pain from his surgery lately. On New Years Day we just went grocery shopping and did some laundry (we were supposed to be in Idaho this weekend so I figured we should get that stuff done before the weekend so I don't have to worry about it once we got back). I haven't felt the need to make resolutions this year, but I do have a kind of "To Do" list for the year (if you want to consider that resolutions you can, but I don't think they are):

  • Cross off as many items from our bucket list (this one will be on the list for a while).
  • Read more (I'm so behind on our series we read together)
  • Have more date nights together
  • Go see Mom this year!
  • Get better at doing the dishes
  • We're going to try Gluten Free in February (it was going to be January, but with Larry's jaw we couldn't take MORE foods away from him)
  • Save more than spend
It's not an impressive list by any means, but these are just things I've been thinking about the past couple months. It's been a pretty good year so far, but we've still got a ways to go.

Hope everyone out there had a fun New Years Eve/New Years Celebration
Here's to a wonderful 2014!

No comments: