Pages

Jan 29, 2014

February Goals

So Larry and I decided we wanted to try and accomplish a couple things next month (one was more me pushing and one was more him so I guess it's a fair trade huh?).

One thing we want to do is eat gluten free the whole month. I'm a HUGE pasta and rolls person, I'll probably try almost anything if it has pasta in it. I read about a gluten free diet and how it's supposed to help you lose weight and feel more "cleansed", not sure if that's entirely true, but we want to try it and see (this has been MONTHS in the making by the way). I've found quite a few recipes that are completely new and different and I'm pretty excited to try them. I promised Larry if we could go all 28 days doing this then I'm going to make Snicker doodles in March to celebrate...yeah buddy! Oh and this will require me making a new recipe pretty much every day so I'm hoping to learn more cooking skills doing this.



The other thing (my thing) is that we are going to start painting. Nothing really big, but I'd love to cover our Crayola red guest bathroom walls with something lighter. I'm not much of a bright walls person. I wanted to paint the whole living room, kitchen, and hallway, but we are doing this over a 3-day weekend and I doubt that will be enough time to get ALL that done, so we're just going to do an accent wall (one that the kitchen and living room share). I'm hoping to go price/get paint samples this weekend, then next weekend we'll go buy what we need and tape up the areas, then the weekend of the 14th (President's Day Weekend) we'll get started. I'm so excited, I may actually print pictures for my frames to hang up once we're done so this place can feel more like home. I've been saying for almost a year and a half now that I'd like to decorate and make this place more ours, and this should be a good first step towards that :)


BTW Both images are Google Images

I'll hopefully remember to post before and after pics to share. This should make February a fun month for us, I've been taking advantage of my last two days eating whatever I want haha.

No comments: