Pages

Apr 13, 2014

Home Decorating (Number 7)

Lately it's been my goal to get our home cleaned out (I think the warm weather is just so motivating). So each Sunday for the past month I've been concentrating on one room at a time and making sure they are clean and smell nice and everything. Well today was the dreaded guest room, it's more a storage room than a guest room and I wish I had taken before and after pictures of it so you can see why it was so dreaded (it was a definite "catch all" room). While going through the clutter I saw all the things I've been meaning to hang (pretty much since we moved in) and thought to hell with it, why not start hanging them up now? So I did. A lot of the frames need to be filled still and I'm still working on where to put everything exactly, but I got our home all cutesy today:

These are all from our wedding.
I know it's a ton on one shelf thing,
I'll be moving them around as we get
More things set up

I know this one is crooked, I'll fix it later






These are in our hallway, they aren't that crooked
I just didn't have enough space to take a good enough picture




This one still needs to be hung, but that's where I'm
Having Larry put it :)
Last weekend I finally got around to painting and building our birdhouse and we put that up along with the wind chimes my grandma got us for our wedding.




A couple days after we put the birdhouse up our first bird showed up on our porch:



And now Oscar has been watching like a hawk (no pun intended) waiting for other birds to show up:




Also, today I got the planter basket Larry got me for Christmas put together and hung up so now our porch looks pretty dressed up (sorry you can't see it really well, I had to go downstairs to really get a good picture):


I also put up our Easter decorations on the shelves in the living room:

The three little figurines on the top shelf are from Larry's Grandma
She always has these solar powered toys and I always tell her how
Much I love them, she surprised us one night with a bag of a bunch of
Them saying we could take whichever we wanted. She's so sweet!
 
 
Overall, I'm really excited about how everything is turning out. I know phone pictures don't exactly do it the best justice, but I got two big things checked off the list for today: Cleaning the cluttered room AND getting things hung up/decorating the house. Hooray!

No comments: