Pages

Mar 1, 2014

Gluten Free Challenge: Check!

Hey blogging world! We have officially started March which means I, naturally, wanted to post how well we did in February. Minus a few slip ups we did the WHOLE month Gluten Free! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The most annoying part was just checking EVERY nutrition label to make sure it didn't have any wheat products in it. It didn't get to be a challenge for me until the weekend of the 14th, for some reason I was craving anything with pasta or bread. My biggest ones were Subway and Mac N Cheese, but I was able to conquer temptation. I won't say it was worth it though, I didn't lose any weight and I don't feel any healthier for it. Larry says he felt a little different, but he was working out the whole time too. I'm just glad to say we did it, we tried something new and can check it off our list now.

Google Images
In other news: Larry now works from home Tuesday THROUGH Thursday, so he's a happy camper most of the week :) He definitely loves it, but it makes him really dread Mondays and Fridays. I'm still loving him being at home and we both can't wait till he's here all week. He goes out for training in March (I'm dreading that!) so hopefully after that we'll have a better idea of when he'll be home for good and what exactly he'll be doing.

I'm not saying this IS Larry
But I'm not saying it ISN'T either haha

I'm officially working the earlier shift at my job, so I'm not the last man standing at work anymore. I used to be the only one on my team scheduled for the last hour, but that was because of phones. Now that we're not on phones I get to leave with everyone else. It's been a happy few weeks for us lately!

Tonight we get to have a date night! We get to go see Brian Regan!! If you don't know who that is...well that sucks. Haha just kidding. He's a hilarious comedian, one of my favorites. I'm so excited to see him, he sells out so fast when he comes to Utah, I think he was scheduled to just come out last weekend, but he sold out so quickly that they added tonight's on extra. I wanted to buy tickets for last weekend, but I couldn't find good seats that were together, so once I saw March was added in I immediately got online and bought them!



As for resolutions this year: I've been doing SO great with my reading. I've finished 3 books so far this year! By my math I'll be able to finish our Sword of Truth series by May-ish then I can read all my other books I bought and hopefully have them all done by the end of the year. It's good timing because I recently cleaned out some clutter in our kitchen as saw this:


So I have some serious catching up to do with these! We've also started talking about going out the last Saturday of the month and trying somewhere new to eat. I've been making a list of new places that I've heard from around my office that sound interesting. Hopefully that will create more dates out of the house for us. To be honest, though, some nights I absolutely love just cuddling on our "floof" and watching a move or TV show together!

That's all for now. Next to come: March goals!

No comments: