Pages

May 6, 2014

Weekend at Boondocks, and then some (Number 10)

Hey all! I just had to post about this awesome weekend we just had. My brother gets a little antsy being stuck in a house on the weekends, he's used to having something to do all the time, so he asked if we'd get him out of the house for a few hours this past weekend. I checked and saw the weather was supposed to be really warm so I figured we could try out Boondocks (mostly it was Larry's suggestion though). We've never been before and let me tell you: it was a blast!


They had so many different things to do there! We got the unlimited pass to do everything as much as you want and it gives you 20 arcade tokens, it lasted us about 6 hours (but I'm sure we could've made it go much longer!). We ended up playing mini golf twice, we did two different 4-D theater "rides", and got a half an hour at the batting cages. Unfortunately I stood a little too close to the home plate and got a ball right into my hand! That was enough to make me stand out a few pitches and just let Larry and Andy take the rest (don't worry, I went back later because I'd never done a batting cage and that was the biggest reason I wanted to go). Andy decided not to do the Go-Karts or the Air Flight Simulator thing, which was too bad because they were a lot of fun, but I think he had a good time still. We killed it in laser tag, I think our score was 3X the score of the opposite team. Normally I don't like to do laser tag because I get TOO into the game and freak out, almost hyperventilating, but I really enjoyed this one. Andy and Larry also got to have a blast from the past moment playing old games they used to love. For Andy it's Guitar Hero, for Larry Dance Dance Revolution.

Before Boondocks we went to the new Zupas by Thanksgiving Point because they were giving away free desserts (YUM!) and then after Boondocks we went to Baskin Robbins to get some yummy ice cream! I just realized how many sweets we had that day...wow!

As a nice end to the awesome weekend, Sunday I reached one of my biggest goals: I FINALLY finished our Sword of Truth books! It feels so weird to be done, I mean I spent over 2 years reading those books and have the character's stories part of my, almost every, night. Then to just be done felt...almost lonely. But I'm glad I finally reached the end, I absolutely loved it. Plus, like I've mentioned many times before, I'm excited to start my other books. I decided I was going to wait a week before started my next book series: 50 Shades of Grey (I know, I know, but I just had to see what all the fuss is over!). Larry just finished the next series section of the Sword of Truth series, but the final book doesn't come out until August so I'm sure he'll be a little stir crazy until then.

So that's one check off for my goals and it's only 6 days into the month! I'm killing it this year, if I do say so myself :) Let's hope the rest of the month/year continues at this pace!

No comments: