Pages

May 17, 2014

Middle of May Update

Oh hello there! I feel like I almost forgot I had a blog there...I would love to say I've been so busy and been having fun and so now I have a long post to boast about all the stuff we've been doing, but it's not anything like that. I've gotten so wrapped up in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, it's taken over any and all free time I had this last week! I forgot how much I LOVE reading romance books. I mean it took me 2 years to read the Sword of Truth series, and don't get me wrong, they are AMAZING, but they were different than what I'm used to reading. I've already read the first two Grey books since Sunday.

Other than getting warped into make-believe I have been trying to maintain my workout goals...unfortunately I've missed 5 days so far this month (not including my Friday "make up/rest" days)...it's been bad and I wish I had good reasons. It's just hard for me to be so motivated after working all day. This week has been rough because I've had to work a little more since I had to leave early on Friday (I try not to use my PTO, I want to save as much as I can to go towards NY next year, so I have to make up the hours other days in the week). This weekend probably won't be a good workout weekend since I have so much to get done. I want to get the house spotless, I have a friend's baby shower later today, and then we have grocery shopping. Hopefully after all that I can get back into a good routine.

Google Images speak the truth

Other than all that, we had to take Larry back into the dermatologist to get more of those spots removed, apparently the doctor didn't get the whole thing and they tested abnormal so they had to get more of the roots/borders to be safe. I watched her take them off the first time and was okay so I guess she figured I'd want to watch this time...it was the most disgusting thing I've seen and I don't think I'll be watching that anymore...blech! We took my brother out to Nicklecade for his birthday last weekend, I'm pretty sure he loved every moment of it.

Our Nicklecade loot

We tried a new food place while we were out and about, the Tin Roof Grill I believe it's called. It had pretty good food, but it was a weird place (you walk in and they just tell you to sit wherever and then they hand you the menu) and was a bit pricey to ever go back. They had that guy from the Food Network's (I believe his show is called Diners, Dives, and Drive Thru's...or something like that) little stamp that he'd been there on the wall, so that was cool, but I don't think it was really a need to try place or anything.


Other than that it's been work and school, as usual. Oh and our cats have learned they really need to be the tallest things in the room and they've figured out just how to do that:
I was in the middle of my shower and
Spotted her like that and had to get a
Picture of it once I was done haha

They are silly! That's been about it, this post sure ended up longer than I expected...sorry about that. Have a great May everyone! Hope you're enjoying the warm weather (if you have it right now). Until next time...

No comments: