Pages

Sep 11, 2017

Weekend Happenings

So Larry and I seemed to have find a way to time travel...but only to the future and very quickly (as in we make time go by VERY fast these days). We get so busy during the week and then have a whole list of things we'd like to do on the weekends and even having a lazy/chore day on Sunday it still goes by in the blink of an eye. Here's what we've been doing on weekends lately:

Antique Shopping

So Larry text me one day saying he'd really like to go look at some local antique shops. I thought this was such a funny idea since we have been to a couple antique shops, but Larry didn't seem interested in going more. I strangely love walking through the stores, not necessarily to buy anything, but to just see the old stuff. I'm super intrigued by old typewriters and brushes for some reason. We found a couple near us that seemed to have a lot to look at and boy were we not disappointed. I think my favorite find was an old Electro Shock Therapy Machine. Larry seemed to like the books and games they had. We didn't get anything, but it was still cool to see all the old stuff!

 
Am I the only one who loves old things like this?
 


Cara couldn't care less about most of it, but she did seem to like chandeliers and umbrellas that were hung high. I even showed her old stuff animals and I think she was expecting them to entertain her more haha.

PT Tests

So Larry has some pretty good opportunities coming his way, of which I'm not sure I want to speak of just yet, but the point is he's had to do some PT tests. We decided to hit up the Lehi Rec Center to time him and I have to say I was pretty amazed at the center. We'd never been before and it seemed SO cool. They had a rock wall, gymnastics area, many basketball courts (that were being used for a  volleyball game that day), pools, splash pads, fitness area, and even a concession stand. I can't wait till Cara is old enough to take her there to do fun stuff (especially the gymnastic area and pool areas haha).



Cara watching Daddy run around the track
 
Home Depot Runs

So we've been working on house stuff a lot lately. It's been nice getting things done. But this means we've been hitting up Home Depot, Lowes, and Costco for home stuff. We keep talking about what our next project is going to be and then start making lists of what we need to do for that. Recently we've just started getting a new mattress pad for us (our old one was AWFUL) and ceiling fans for Cara's nursery...which now that I think of it is almost pointless since we're getting into Fall and Winter so they won't be as needed, but oh well.

I'm hoping to maybe work on our front room built ins really soon. I think it'll help with organizing and cleaning up the main level a bit more. It'll be a TON of work, but so worth it once it's done!

Our First Babysitter

So Larry and I decided to get our first babysitter and go see a movie just us two. My grandma was the gracious first victim of our babysitting experiment! We went to see "IT" and left Cara at her house for the few hours we were gone. Overall, I feel a little bad because we didn't have enough time to go over what she'd need while we were gone before we had to leave (we ended up getting a late start to the morning) and it's been a while since she had to watch a baby so there was some chaos when we got back to her house. I think it mostly went well until Cara didn't get a full nap. But we got her calmed down, fed, and then we all went out to lunch.

I will say the movie was really good, but it didn't make me miss going to the theater - our house is still much more comfy haha. But I'm glad we got to go out and I'm glad my grandma survived (I wasn't so much worried about Cara, just grandma having a baby again).

No comments: