Pages

Oct 1, 2017

The Beginning of Football Season

So I've got a confession, I'm a bit of a sports watching junkie....but not with EVERY sport and I don't know all the rules so I wouldn't call myself quite the nerd about it. With this I've LOVED the start of football season. It's so fun having the sounds of a game on while doing chores, cooking, or just being lazy on the couch, don't you think?

When we were pregnant with Cara I told Larry that I love the idea of taking our kids to Bees or Jazz games (baseball and basketball for those that don't know) and while I've never really wanted to go to a football game I do love watching it on the TV and I hope our kids want to watch the games and/or play some with us one day.

Since it's officially the start of the season I wrote down all the Packers (my team) and Cowboys (Larry's team) games on my planner so that if any are on while Cara is up I plan on having them on so she can get into the games as she grows up (I'll be doing the same once award season hits next year!). I even got her the cutest little outfits for them too:

Looks like she's cheering them on!

Cutest little fan in the making

So far we've only caught a couple games (because it's also scary movie season so if they are on too late they get missed for my movies), but it's been so fun seeing her interest in the TV. We don't have it on very often (I just can't justify having the TV on unless I'm going to be paying attention to it, and I would rather pay attention and teach Cara stuff) so I guess it's a big deal to her to see pictures moving around on such a large screen, but that's okay, I want her to be interested haha. Larry even sat with us during a Cowboys game one Sunday so it was a full family affair. I tell ya this season (Fall, Football, etc.) is just SO much fun and I'm hoping we're already starting some GREAT traditions already :)

So on that note #GoPackers (but also #GoCowboys for Larry ;P)

No comments: