Pages

Feb 15, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

As per usual, we knew we'd be making something new from scratch this year for Valentine's Day. It's to the point where we actually think about different ideas throughout the year. I had an idea to do our own doughnuts (because there's this weird sink commercial and it shows someone putting a raspberry-like sauce over glazed doughnuts and it looked so yummy I thought it would be fun to try that). Then Larry mentioned he thought it would be fun to do ice cream. All I could think was "homemade ice cream sounds WAY better!" So ice cream it was!




We decided to pick our own recipes, Larry wanted to do bubble gum (like the kind Leatherby's has) and I chose a random mint chocolate chip (I didn't really care what flavor I did, I just knew I wanted to do my own). Both recipes could not have been more different. Larry's had two items (not including the flavoring and gumballs) and mine had like 8 things!


So my plan for the night was: eat dinner like usual, make ice cream while we put "Valentine's Day" (the movie) on, let it freeze, and then after Cara was put down I'd work on the blog posts. What I didn't know is that Larry had a special surprise for me. He scheduled (a couple months back) to have a masseuse come in and give me an hour long massage while he took care of Cara upstairs. I was seriously blown away! We always talk about not doing anything but making our food for the day. As I've mentioned (probably every single year so far), we aren't big on the holiday so we don't plan anything serious, but MAN did he win super brownie points for this! If you're interested in this, here is the site for the massage place he scheduled this.







So anyways, I got my massage while Larry took care of Cara, then after I was done we hung out for a few minutes before it was Cara's bedtime (normally I'd feel bummed out to not get to do things with Cara before we put her to bed, but now that I get her up every morning I feel a night away once in a while isn't too bad), then we put her down and started our ice cream experiment.



We had to let the mixtures freeze for a few hours and they weren't put in the freezer until 8:15 ish so we didn't get to try them last night, but we did eat some tonight. I feel that they both have really weird consistencies, both taste just fine though, but I didn't put enough chocolate in mine (I think it all sunk to the bottom or something). We let Cara try a few bites of each and she LOVED them, so that's a win, but so far these recipes are 3rd best (of the 3 we've done) so I don't think we'll hold onto them. Plus they made our belly's feel weird so I think we did something wrong or they just were bad recipes.

Nana [Sweatfield] got her this cute outfit
"Who needs Cupid when you're this cute"
PERFECT!

Just love this expression!


Either way, Valentine's Day this year was one for the books. Larry is amazing and we had a GREAT night! Now to go relax and prepare for a fun 3 day weekend (on my part). Happy Love Day out there!!

No comments: