Pages

Aug 25, 2018

Tumbling Class!

So, now that Cara is getting older, even though she doesn't understand the whole "other kids are other people and not just random objects" concept, I realize we should probably find ways to socialize her. We take her to playgrounds and parks, but she just does her own thing. I haven't worked up the courage to talk to many other parents to set up play dates so I figured I'd go looking at classes or some mommy and me things we could do together. The only one I found that worked for her age was a tumbling class at a place just down the road from us. It seemed perfect, PLUS the place (once the kids are potty trained) does a date night out once a month. You can drop your kids off, they put on a movie or let the kids just run around, and you can go have a date night with your spouse! Such a great idea and made me love the place even more.
 
First class outfits...I'm obviously really excited!
We took her to her first class today and...well it'll be something she'll have to get used to. She cried almost the entire time. She like the slides and eventually warmed up to crawling through the tunnel, but we had to give her snacks after each and every thing they did. The teachers were really nice and let us know kids do tend to have a harder time in the beginning but end up warming up. I figure we'll pay for the classes through November (when I'm due) and if she still doesn't like it, we'll pull her out and try again next year.



Overall I think it'll be good for her. It's a fun class that helps get her energy out and she'll get to meet other kids in it. Granted there was only one other kid there this time, but they said they just barely opened up the Saturday class so hopefully it'll build up as we go to more classes. I just hope she does start to like it. My heart kind of broke feeling like I was making her do this against her wishes, but I know it was more about her not getting to explore on her own and the fact that we were forcing her to sit still for part of it. Fingers crossed we can stick with this!

No comments: